Importing hand history from another pc

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Can I import hand history from another computer on which I played to a computer where I have PT3? I mostly play on my desktop PC, but sometimes on my notebook, so I'd like PT3 to keep stats from all my games, combined, not individually for desktop and notebook. And one more thing: Has anyone tried importing to PT3 the hand history you can request on FTP from My Promotions page?

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Yes, just import all of the files from the Processed folder of Computer A into Computer B and then vice versa. (Obviously repeating this process as often as you flip/flop computers.)

The hand histories you get from the request hands tool are the same format and thus are compatible with PT3.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Another way (the geek way) is to have a single database where you store your hands while playing, but for doing so you need:
      1. Play always in the same network, that's to say at home where both computers are reachable (***)
      2. Have some basic knowledge on how to modify files and google a little bit

For point 1 this can be bypassed by using a VPN-like software as Hamachi that will put your computers in a VPN group and these will be visible each other even if playing anywhere.

Assume your computers are reachable, on your desktop computer you need to modify the file named "pg_hba.conf"; in this file search the following lines:

# IPv4 local connections:
      host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

This indicates which IP address the db server will accept; let's assume you're at home and have an ADSL connection and your desktop PC has an IP address like 192.168.1.10, you will need to modify it to

host all all 192.168.1.0/24 md5

Once done, on the laptop computer you will need to modify your Pokertracker.cfg file in the DATABASE section; example:

[Database]
      Default.Postgres.Server=192.168.1.10
      Default.Postgres.Port=5432
      Default.Postgres.User=postgres
      Default.Postgres.Password=YOURDBPASS
      DB1.Name=PokerTracker 3 Database
      DB1.Type=postgres
      DB1.Postgres.Database=PT3 DB
      DB1.Postgres.Server=192.168.1.10
      DB1.Postgres.Port=5432
      DB1.Postgres.User=postgres
      DB1.Postgres.Password=YOURDBPASS

This will set your laptop's PT3 to connect to the desktop PT3 DB so bot computers will store data on the same database and you can play by having all data available.

Have fun!