Stack
      BB:
      $2.13
      MP3:
      $4.07
      Hero:
      $7.11

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 7:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 3:heart: , Q:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.97) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.97) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.68 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.97

Looking at the hand now, I'm not sure he had me beat on the river. Doesn't really seem to be representing much with the shove?

Should I have bet the turn to prevent this kind of shove? I would have called any smaller bet but here I just thought he must have the Q.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Wel.. He is a total unknown so we can't know with what he call but we are sure he's bad - 40 BB stack.

I will put an unknown ot Qx, 8x, 99-JJ, JT/T9 sometimes.

On this turn let's see what you can bet against - against Qx you are 2 outer, you split with almost any 8 (expect Q8+, 83) you are 2 outer against 99-JJ and you are betting only against JT/T9 which are most often folding here. So checking back is ok.

On this river you have to fold - you really dont have to think too much against NL5 fish's lines too much and just bet strong your made hands and fold your weak ones like this. I know it sucks but this is what you have to do in order to beat the limit.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      Wel.. He is a total unknown so we can't know with what he call but we are sure he's bad - 40 BB stack.

I will put an unknown ot Qx, 8x, 99-JJ, JT/T9 sometimes.

On this turn let's see what you can bet against - against Qx you are 2 outer, you split with almost any 8 (expect Q8+, 83) you are 2 outer against 99-JJ and you are betting only against JT/T9 which are most often folding here. So checking back is ok.

On this river you have to fold - you really dont have to think too much against NL5 fish's lines too much and just bet strong your made hands and fold your weak ones like this. I know it sucks but this is what you have to do in order to beat the limit.
      Agreed. The point is you don't get good odds to bluff-catch on the river and you have no clue whatsoever how that guy is playing except that he's fishy. You'll see guys play any top pair like that sometimes, as well as complete out of position floats that they're now forced to bluff with. Of course he'll have 3x sometimes, and sometimes he'll also own you by behind bad and shoving stuff like A8 or TT just for the hell of it. When stuff like that alone happens you're likely to feel bad enough that your play is affected, making it even less profitable of a call overall.

Hope it helps.