[NL20-NL50] jj nl 25 (6max)

• maykel
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO raises to $1.75, BU folds, SB calls $1.65, BB folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($5.5) 3, 8, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00, SB raises to $16.56, Hero..?

is better 4b/shove pre flop?

villians: co unknown
      sb:17/20/200 hands
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      CO is probably fish with his raise. But we have to be carefull here. Such moves indicates monster hand lot of times so we must be carefull here.

but i dont have a clue how would i react in that situation....so strange spot:)

I really look forward to se judges oppinion. Kaitz20 will be happy to judge this one.:)
    • dandycal
      yeah, I also see a lot of fish min-3betting monsters. We get great oods for calling pre-flop, but then the question is whether we'll go broke with an overpair. Cause if we are, then we might as well push pre-flop and get more value against AK/AQ and his bad calls with lower PPs.
    • Kaitz20
      against his stack size I´d likely just 4-bet pf to 7$ and call shove
      He can do that with wider range than aces/kings and until you have some reads it is mostly aces I would just take that as standard situation adn 4-bet pf JJ
      Postlfop: really difficult and I think fold is a little better than shove
      Don´t think SB is making too many moves with air, so he either has there draws, sometimes 99/TT or set, sometimes QQ+. JJ is not doing the best against these range
    • aciddrop
      SB coldcalling OOP preflop against a R and weak 3bet is first alarm bell for me. So I like calling here.

His flop line is very strong, so easy fold as played.

I would check the flop, letting CO cbet his range, and see what SB did then. If he raised after that, I would expect an overpair, if he just called, more likely a set looking for more value.