This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] jj nl 25 (6max)

• maykel
      maykel
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $12.50
      MP2:
      $33.20
      MP3 (Hero):
      $25.00
      CO:
      $17.50
      BU:
      $45.51
      SB:
      $60.85

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO raises to $1.75, BU folds, SB calls $1.65, BB folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($5.5) 3, 8, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00, SB raises to $16.56, Hero..?

is better 4b/shove pre flop?

villians: co unknown
      sb:17/20/200 hands
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      CO is probably fish with his raise. But we have to be carefull here. Such moves indicates monster hand lot of times so we must be carefull here.

but i dont have a clue how would i react in that situation....so strange spot:)

I really look forward to se judges oppinion. Kaitz20 will be happy to judge this one.:)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      yeah, I also see a lot of fish min-3betting monsters. We get great oods for calling pre-flop, but then the question is whether we'll go broke with an overpair. Cause if we are, then we might as well push pre-flop and get more value against AK/AQ and his bad calls with lower PPs.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against his stack size I´d likely just 4-bet pf to 7$ and call shove
      He can do that with wider range than aces/kings and until you have some reads it is mostly aces I would just take that as standard situation adn 4-bet pf JJ
      Postlfop: really difficult and I think fold is a little better than shove
      Don´t think SB is making too many moves with air, so he either has there draws, sometimes 99/TT or set, sometimes QQ+. JJ is not doing the best against these range
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      SB coldcalling OOP preflop against a R and weak 3bet is first alarm bell for me. So I like calling here.

His flop line is very strong, so easy fold as played.

I would check the flop, letting CO cbet his range, and see what SB did then. If he raised after that, I would expect an overpair, if he just called, more likely a set looking for more value.