This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AA(bu), set against a rock, fr

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $42.07
      SB:
      $29.01
      BB:
      $18.84
      UTG2:
      $30.62
      MP1:
      $26.89
      MP2:
      $28.70
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $1.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $3.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.85) A, Q, 6 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6.85) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($15.85) J (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $34.32(All-In), MP3 calls $17.25(All-In).

Final Pot: $67.42.

Villain is 12/7/2.7 with 27% WTS

HI!

Now my initial thought was, with what hands could he called my pf 3b. JJ+, AK and maybe AQs and TT.

So there was really nothing I am protecting against on that flop, and my bet could just chase him away + with me checking behind I could give him doubts about my hand strenght.

Turn is a brick that is why I am just calling + it might give him the impression that I am drawing for color.

I pushed river as a consequence of actions on flop and turn + my rather loose image at the table(and the only hand I am behind is KT, which he probably wouldn`t call pf). A smaller value bet would probably make him call off his TPTK`s and twopairs(or even fold it) and this way I am completing my line like a bad player would with busted flush or smth.

Any advice is welcome. Thnx in advance!
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I'd probably also check behind this flop since it's very unlikely that he has an A, and play just as you did oin the later two streets. A strong hand will bet it out any way, but I think we can extract a little value from a lower with this line (even though it might look very suspicious)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      interesting check
      I think he can have there also some flushdraws, so I´d prefer small bet to build the pot and get all-in on the river
      I`d bet 3$ on the flop, 7$ on the turn and rest on the river