[NL2-NL10] rush NL5. AQs in mid position

• molywop
      molywop
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/742528
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $2.73
      MP1: $3.82
      Hero (MP2): $11.25
      CO: $5.09
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $4.83
      BB: $5.24
      UTG: $7.83
      UTG+1: $5.30

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP2 with Ad Qd
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.77) Qc 6d Kd (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45, MP1 calls $0.45

Turn: ($2.12) 4h (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.12) 7d (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1, MP1 calls $1

thoughts on my play here? could / should i have bet more on the river?
      should i have c/betted the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      2nd pair + nuts flush draw + overcard... hell yes I'm c-betting. i'm probably even making it more: ~$0.55 or so.

Turn is a standard check behind. Hard to get 3 streets of value from weaker hands anyway so it's better to get flop & river then flop & turn in this specific spot imo.

River is a standard bet. The size is ok, could be a bit bigger but not too big, you have the nuts and I don't really see people calling with much less then Kx + I don't see them calling huge bets with random Kx hands either. So unless they are extremely stationish I think you played the hand just fine.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      2nd pair + nuts flush draw + overcard... hell yes I'm c-betting. i'm probably even making it more: ~$0.55 or so.

Turn is a standard check behind. Hard to get 3 streets of value from weaker hands anyway so it's better to get flop & river then flop & turn in this specific spot imo.

River is a standard bet. The size is ok, could be a bit bigger but not too big, you have the nuts and I don't really see people calling with much less then Kx + I don't see them calling huge bets with random Kx hands either. So unless they are extremely stationish I think you played the hand just fine.
      Agreed. You'd expect a lot of players to donk out with a made flush on the river so their ranges are weighted toward Kx a lot or stuff like JT that won't pay off anyway. I'd probably go up to $1.2 as a default because I just don't think it'll make them fold a K any more than $1 will. If any of them is a station I'd just go ahead and make it $1.6-$1.7, because then it's more likely they'll never fold a K and also more likely they might check a flush.

Hope it helps.