ID check - living in a hotel?

• tjjames12
      tjjames12
      Basic
      Hi folks,

after I made the quiz yesterday I now have to do a ID check X( and I have some questions regarding the documents needed for the check:

Copy of proof of address, e.g. a phone or electricity bill, if your ID shows a different address to the one registered with us.

I have a German ID card / drivers license but I am living in Bolivia. So obviously my ID card shows a different address than what I entered in my PokerStrategy profile.

But how can I give a proof of address if I am living in a hotel? And I won't ask the administration of my hotel for a bill or something because they don't know this term for sure :D .

Can I maybe:

1) Make a photograph of myself in front of a popular building in the city in which I live holding a current newspaper?

or

2) Send you a photography of the page in my passport where you can see the "You Entered Bolivia"-Stamp?

Or any other options how I can proof my address while living in a hotel?

Only South America: An additional photograph of yourself, in which you are holding your ID document in one hand and in which both the photo on your ID document and your face are clearly visible.

Be honest folks :D you just want to see how the next WSOP winner looks right :tongue: ?

Thanks,
      tjjames12

PS: Posting this in the forum so maybe other people with the same problem can benefit.

PPS: People living in hotels are no outlaws! We just don't have to pay any taxes... :P
  • 5 replies
    • ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      You pay for this hotel you stay in.

So you probably have an invoice in your name.

If you don´t, ask for one, with your name, room number, and the adress of the hotel.

I would do that, but i would of course ask first..hahaha
    • tjjames12
      tjjames12
      Basic
      You pay for this hotel you stay in.

I am not sure about this yet so... but that's another story :D .

So you probably have an invoice in your name.

If you don´t, ask for one, with your name, room number, and the adress of the hotel.

You never were in a cheap hostal in south america right :D ?

You can get an invoice if you are buying a car or a laptop. Or if you are going to eat at Burger King... but in a hostal where the cleaners sleep on a coach at the floor it's somewhat different :-(.
    • ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      Well, a CHEAP hostel i don´t really know...

But i do know good hostels here in Brazil that do have invoice.

Well, try to talk to the "owner" or "recepcionist"...

Good Luck
    • tjjames12
      tjjames12
      Basic
      Well, a CHEAP hostel i don´t really know...

But i do know good hostels here in Brazil that do have invoice.

Nice to meet someone else from South America :-).

Yeah thats the "fun" thing at this continent. The differences are extreme... I mean Brazil or Argentina are like Europe... but travel to Paraguay, Bolivia or Peru and things change like crazy :-o.

Hope I can find a solution for this with the staff.

I just could buy a sheet of paper and write my "invoice details" on that and submit that for the ID check but I bet the staff here at PokerStrategy isn't that stupid. Neither can't the reception give me something "original" looking because they neither have a computer. Complete accounting is done with paper o.O ...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi tjjames12,

You would need to take this up directly with the guys/girls from the support team. Only they can advise what is or isn't acceptable.

If you can provide them with as much detail as possible, I'm sure they will do everything possible to accomodate you.

Best regards,

Bart