In need of a LAWYER!

• artiom4ik
      artiom4ik
      Bronze
      Can someone advise me a Lawyer or an agency that would help me with a problem that appeared between me and one of the poker rooms.

It may sound crazy, but they lied to me and do not want to give me what they have promised. They told me if I deposit my money in the next few days they will give me a bonus, and after I did it the same day, they said that they cannot do it no more.

Thank you in advance!
  • 22 replies
    • Funkyquartz
      Funkyquartz
      Bronze
      good luck with that

No lawyer in their right mind would take on a dispute with an online poker room, especially if its one of the bigger ones.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      How much did you lose? (..I can't believe I got to use that phrase seriously)

If it's anything less than 5k, then it's definitely not a good idea to hire a lawyer. It would cost a fortune, and you have virtually no chance of getting anywhere. I'm not even sure anyone has even successfully sued a poker site, so yeah, forget about it unless they stole a huge amount of money from you.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by artiom4ik
      Can someone advise me a Lawyer or an agency that would help me with a problem that appeared between me and one of the poker rooms.
      help you? well alot of law firms will help you, if u can help them back financially. otherwise .....

you're actions are akin to one who uses a rocket launcher to kill an ant
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Can you give more details of what really happened and did you read the their terms and conditions before depositing, I am pretty sure that somewhere is written that they reserve the right to do whatever they want with whatever bonus they give.

Regards
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      If they just didn't give you the bonus just withdraw your money and play somewhere else.

I would not jump ahead and fight a lawsuit against an online poker room which makes millions every month and probably can afford better lawyers..
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Originally posted by pinnryder
      If they just didn't give you the bonus just withdraw your money and play somewhere else.

I would not jump ahead and fight a lawsuit against an online poker room which makes millions every month and probably can afford better lawyers..
      It's just a bonus. Withdraw a leave if you don't like the site.

Besides did you read their terms? In which country are they based? Which is the applicable law? Private international law is not easy.

I am a lawyer and I don't think the situation justifies getting a lawyer and threat the poker room. You wouldn't imagine the troubles and the money you'd spend on something worthless. Have you even considered that they didn't actually violate any right of yours? What would you charge them of? Not having good faith?
    • freelancerpoker
      freelancerpoker
      Basic
      I's really hard for you to win in this case, just withraw and quit that site. You should better show that site on our forum so people will avoid it.
    • artiom4ik
      artiom4ik
      Bronze
      Thank you all for the advice!

Woke up this morning and found out a new e-mail from pokerstars. I guess another administrator took up the case and he said that they found a away so I can take the full advantage of what they promised.

The thing was that before making a new deposit I asked for an exception. Of course the response was positive as I expected it to be, but after the deposit was made they told me that they cannot do it no more. It was not about the terms and conditions, but of what they said. It was more a frustration of being fooled, because as some of you said I could go on any other site and play there.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      lol
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      lol were you seriously thinking of suing pokerstars for a first deposit bonus?
    • Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      wow you jumped to conclusions right away and decided to sue a pokersite?? good luck with that chief. They would just buy your lawyers off lol
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      DO you really think its worth spending tens of thousands of dollars for a $XXX bonus?

[X] dumb thread.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      huuuuuh guys hold back with your advices, as you will get sued yourselves, if the one who started this thread will use any advice and it wont work :D
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      lol @ this thread.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      LOL that's enough guys, i think he gets it :D
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Suing PokerStars... Good one.
    • Snuggles666
      Snuggles666
      Bronze

I'll do it! As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit. You won't need much, just a tiny taste.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      lol
      wp
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      It's the principle though isn't it? If I was absolutely loaded I'd love to take on a dishonest poker room. In this day an age its not a question of justice however, but who has the most money.

peace,
      w34z3l