$4.48
      BB (Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 2.
      MP2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.12) A, K, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.32) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.40, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.52.

i figured i dont beat anything here, any pair beats me, flush draw completed. yet i bet because i was likely to be ahead as he was likely not to be holding onto anything
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I'm just betting the flop once and then giving up on further streets. Most of the times if I get a freeplay and flop a pair in a heads up pot I bet cause people just call with overcards and all kinds of weird stuff. In addition if they fold when I'm betting with bottom pair I'm not too unhappy... cause mostly they've got 6 outs against your pair with 2 overcards so it's better to steal their equity in the hand.

Now in this particulair hand it's very hard for him to call with anything worse on the flop except for maybe some gutshots so you're basically just making him fold random hands like Tx that otherwise still have a chance of outdrawing you.
      On the turn I'm just check/folding cause his flop calling range mostly consists of Ax, Kx, draws, QJ, JT, QT... none of which are gonna fold cause those gutshots he called the flop with either made a straight (QT) or still have a gutshot and now made a pair as well (QJ, JT).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      I'm just betting the flop once and then giving up on further streets. Most of the times if I get a freeplay and flop a pair in a heads up pot I bet cause people just call with overcards and all kinds of weird stuff. In addition if they fold when I'm betting with bottom pair I'm not too unhappy... cause mostly they've got 6 outs against your pair with 2 overcards so it's better to steal their equity in the hand.

Now in this particulair hand it's very hard for him to call with anything worse on the flop except for maybe some gutshots so you're basically just making him fold random hands like Tx that otherwise still have a chance of outdrawing you.
      On the turn I'm just check/folding cause his flop calling range mostly consists of Ax, Kx, draws, QJ, JT, QT... none of which are gonna fold cause those gutshots he called the flop with either made a straight (QT) or still have a gutshot and now made a pair as well (QJ, JT).
      +1
      I also prefer bet once and then c/f later streets since you´re often behind and he won´t fold better hand than yours