This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] calling down 4bet pot

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

€0.05/€0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP2 raises to €0.40, MP3 folds, Hero raises to €1.20, 3 folds, MP2 raises to €3.00, Hero calls €1.80.

Flop: (€6.15) T, 8, T (2 players)
      MP2 bets €4.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.15.

i thought that his holdings was likely to be JJ+,AK, and he was likely to hold onto the feared AA or KK although not very likely. i decided to call down the 4bet pot and go broke if i hit A or K and fold if nothing comes
  • 4 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      You will make a pair or better around 33% I think. If his range is JJ, AK+, your flop equity vs his stack off range is going to be meh since he might get away from JJ QQ on Ax, Kx. When you consider the 67% of times that you have to check/fold the flop, your plan is massive -EV. Better to either fold to 4bet, or shove depending on player.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Just shove or fold pre depending on the player.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      If this is shorthanded you jam pre-flop.
      Calling 4bets 100bb deep with AKo is plain terrible... also think about this... are you ever flat calling vs a 4bet with Kings or Aces here?

If it's full ring and/or villain is kind of nitty then fold vs a 4bet but in all other cases please get it in.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      You will make a pair or better around 33% I think. If his range is JJ, AK+, your flop equity vs his stack off range is going to be meh since he might get away from JJ QQ on Ax, Kx. When you consider the 67% of times that you have to check/fold the flop, your plan is massive -EV. Better to either fold to 4bet, or shove depending on player.
      +1
      After 4-bet I´d shove AK