Like A Boss : TerrorBlade's road to becoming a PLO sicko [Current Level = PLO25]

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Sup guys,

For too long I've been inactive with my blog updates and I want to start anew. I want to keep a track of my plans and have some accountability in the form of you guys pestering me for updates etc.

Also I want a new place to post interesting hands etc.

An introduction for people who don't know me, I'm a 22 year old New Zealand gamer turned pro-poker player who started back in October 2007 with my 50$.

I've worked my way up to T/20 LHE and am learning PLO at the moment (not enough lately!) so that I can have another game up my sleeve to pwn when I run bad at limit!

Apparently you guys like posting pictures so I'm gonna try follow suit.

My poker mind back then was like this:

Now after many trials and tribulations trying to scale the cliff of LHE I realise I'm around this point:

Every time I run into a troubling situation I think to myself, I'm still shit with miles to go, it's like when you reach the horizon you realise there's another horizon just as far away except the hill just got steeper.

Anyways onto my short/mid term plans.

Short term [June-August]

Life - Get up before 8 six days a week at least, continue my Wing Chun training and solidify my learning at home, continue eating relatively healthily ;P

LHE - Establish myself at the T/20 limit

-put in the hand volume even when I'm not doing great to try and grind past the swings instead of prolonging the downswings by not playing for 10 days (happened last month).

-post hands daily at DC & 2+2

PLO - Aim to play 15k+ quality 4-tabling hands at PLO 25 per month

-Watch a PLO video a day

-Spend 40 minutes reading through PLO hands on poker forums before posting my own.

Mid term [September-December]

LHE - Improve my skill and comfort level at T/20 as well as build my bankroll for potential shots at higher limits if I feel I have the edge.

PLO - Depending on where my skill level is at be playing PLO100 or potentially 200, seek coaching when I consider myself more than just a beginner so I can accelerate this process.

Tit's 'n' Arse

Thank you for reading ;)
  • 146 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Let's kick it off with a great hand I played against a supernova kinda reg/a bit too loose.

Villain is the type to get kinda annoyed at getting played back on this flop so I can expect to get rebluffed sometimes and also he'd probably not 3-bet IP here with an A :D

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:heart: , 10:heart:
      3 folds, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero calls

Flop: (4.4 SB) 8:spade: , A:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, Hero caps, 1 fold

Total pot: $52 (5.2 BB) | Rake: $2

Results:
      Hero didn't show 6:heart: , 10:heart: .
      Outcome: Hero won $50
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      First!
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      In b4

lol jk, nice to see you blogging again.

You've made yourself some nice goals, gl achieving those

And just for information, how does a "standard day" look like for you? As in, how much time for playing, analyzing, studying, free time, "Wing Chun" (whatever that is)

And nice threadsaver :D
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I wake up at around 7:30-8, have breakfast for ~1 hour while watching my youtube subscriptions to keep up with hilarious US politics and reading sample hand forums on 2+2 or DC.

I then either watch a video to get in the mood or play till around 1pm or when I get too hungry. If my tables are too good I must continue to the fish are busto!

I will practice my Wing Chun (it's a kind of kung fu I took up a 1 &1/2 months ago) for 20-30 minutes then have a shower & make a delicious lunch which centers around EPIC SMOOTHIE (yes this is me xD ) and will post a few hands so I can check on them after my 2-6pm session.

I will then either play games for a couple of hours before (I'm at 0:44 in the centre of the screen->)Choir/Wing Chun or maybe some delicious Pad Thai at the local restaurant with my friends like tonight xD

Then I'll watch some tv episodes and play some more poker if I'm feeling motivated as the games are pretty good later at night NZ time.

Why is there no hot girls thread @ PS?

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Also I'm calling out vhallee for our SC2 beta showmatch, lucky for you son that the beta went down today and I forgot about it until now, you have ~6 weeks to practice against AI before it comes back up and we throw down in the octagon.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      we demand moar picz!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      A+.

Quality.

Although you should really post some stuff about yourself/your day and not just those hawt pictures... oh.. I see you have... An even more solid A+ then!
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      I'm glad you're blogging again. Looking forward to seeing some hands (and arses :D ).
      GL with your goals.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      From what I remember from my time at FL the rake is just ridiculous. How much are you paying in like BB/100 hands?

Good luck with your goals!
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Right guys, the plan is that we collectively spam to get as many "TnA" as possible ;)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joshquan
      Right guys, the plan is that we collectively spam to get as many "TnA" as possible ;)
      +1
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      +2
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      +3.... c'mon guys, I can't just be the only unnecessarily obsessive dude here. Help a brother out... sheesh.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Jeeeezzz

boomshackalack had a good quote in my coaching today, after overson announced he had found all his leaks...

"i found all of mine too, in my house, now im dry all the time! i still suck at poker though.." :D keep working at it!

Also I'm not gonna overdo it with the TnA!

Does anyone find FTP is totally rigged compared to stars :P ?
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      have breakfast for ~1 hour while watching my youtube subscriptions to keep up with hilarious US politics
      Lol I do the same thing. Stoopid americans (lol and they can't come on this forum to talk back.)

Why is there no hot girls thread @ PS?

Rumor has it, that, according to sunday afternoon's Bronze SnG coaching, Terrorblade likes "Big booty bitches". :f_p:
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Hahahaha...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's all about choosing the right avatar!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      It's all about choosing the right avatar!
      This. Avatar management is a crucial component of successful play at FTP.

Smiling pandas = win
      Sad pandas = lose
      Confused gnomes = win
      Happy gnomes = too many drugs = lose/win/lose/don't care anymore
      People avatars - all = lose due to no imagination
      People avatars - fireman (exception) = win, unless you are a fireman, in which case refer above.
      Smiling Ninjas = win
      Sad Ninjas = going to win soon
      Confused Ninjas = was winning, will be winning again soon
      Angry Ninjas = well, don't use an Angry Ninja unless you are an Angry Ninja. Jus' saying.

However, if you manage to pick up your own avatar (TB specific here) I think you'll start winning assuming you model it on your stars avatar. Tilt factor 9 Mr Sulu.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      how does penguins fare?