This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL1K squeeze with 77

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $741.62
      BU:
      $1.921

5/10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:diamond: , 7:club:
      7 folds, BU raises to $30.00, SB calls $25.00, Hero raises to $160.00 (All-In), BU folds, SB calls $130.00.

Flop: ($350.00) A:heart: , 8:heart: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($350.00) 8:club:
      River: ($350.00) 4:spade:

Final Pot: $350.00

BU steals a lot and the loose SB calls. Is this a good spot for an all in squeeze?
  • 3 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Pocket pairs are favorite against every unpaired hand so I think its +EV to push with this type of villain (if any of his cards is lower than 7 than ur huge favorite). Looks like u didnt have luck and he did have some hand this time.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Nice hand. I'm sure you can even make this play with even less of a hand than 77.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Ok with BU loosing pretty loose against you, I was putting him on a 25% stealing range, because he might know as well that SB is pretty loose. SB I putted here on a 35% calling range with his 43% VPIP.

So even if everybody would call (with their ranges) here you would have an equity of 36% and be a slight favourit.

Since you are showing strenght and representing a good hand, the BU, who in general I guess is more or less tight, only may would call with TT+ and AK. So with his 25% raising range he would have to fold in more then 80% of the times.

But SB here could call with any Pair, any suited connectors, any Two high cards and any Axs. So he would call a bit more then 20% of his calling range after the raise.

And against a 20% hand range you have a coinflip where you are a 52:48 favourit. But you getting more then 2:1.

So in the long run this squeeze should be profitable. :)