From Downer To Heater = Mindset Fail

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      April was totally crap downerish for me, may was breakevenish but pretty gay as well ...

Now June has started off real nice ... aand, 10 mins ago, I just made +6 stacks in 30 mins 3-tabling, which revealed the mindset leak I must've gotten from the "downer times".

You're supposed to play as long as you run awesome and feel awesome, but I wasn't feeling that awesome after that ... I became kinda scared money and did not have the balls to continue with my session as "better quit while ahead" kicked in.

Any ideas/suggestions how to get rid of such a crippling mindset leak?

Rationally I obv know it's not true, it's all random at any given moment, but the stupid gutfeeling ruins the logical rational approach to the game :f_mad:
  • 5 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      The Poker Mindset
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Since ur sayin stacks i assume its cash we re talkin about.

If at some point,after u doubled once or twice or more,u feel that there isnt anything else to gain (fish busted,villains tightened or w/e) u can always leave tables and sit to a new one.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      Since ur sayin stacks i assume its cash we re talkin about.

If at some point,after u doubled once or twice or more,u feel that there isnt anything else to gain (fish busted,villains tightened or w/e) u can always leave tables and sit to a new one.
      No, it's nothing like that ... The effect is not brought on by any specific table by itself, the +6 stacks was spread over the 3 tables and they were all fishy ...
      I would have loved to play on, but my mindset changes in general to "went supernice superfast, better quit now before it all goes to shit" :f_p:

I can play my A-game (almost) all day long when I'm in a downer and fighting my way back from the losses (which I quite often do, volume > variance), but when everything goes well and I'm not suffering any losses from which to come back from and am strongly on the plus side, then I cannot play a decent volume due to this mindset leak, thinking that when everything goes so well, it's bound to go shit any time soon

Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      The Poker Mindset
      Have wanted to order that for quite some time now ... Will do so ASAP :f_biggrin:
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Now opened up the tables for an evening session ...
      And of course, what my stupid gut told me, happened obv ...

Been card dead and all my hands get the sexy suckouts for 2,5h straight ...
      Been only 2-tabling and lost 3 stacks

That's really not helping with the mindset of "if you continue after a heater, you're gonna lose"

EDIT: BvB - Dude went AI PF w/ 88 vs my KK and flopped quads. FML :f_biggrin:

I guess the sick beater continues after a short heater

EDIT02: Obv AA got cracked by 99 150bb deep

So sick ... +6 stacks w/ 30 mins in the morning
      -4,5 stacks w/ 4h in the evening
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      easy peasy, dont look at your cashier when u play.