This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL1K QQ with double stack.

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $744
      SB:
      $946.75
      Hero:
      $377
      BB:
      $1.000

5/10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $30.00, MP1 folds, Hero calls $30.00, 3 folds, SB calls $25.00, BB calls $20.00.

Flop: ($120.00) 3:heart: , 5:heart: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets $60, Hero raises to $180.00, 2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $350.00, Hero raises to $347.00 (All-In).

Turn: ($817.00) J:spade:
      River: ($817.00) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $817.00

Not reraising preflop was a mistake , i guess i didnt like the fact that he raises UTG. What about the flop play?
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      With a stack this size, you should be almost off the table, shouldn't you? I reckon reraise preflop, to maybe $100. If he hammers you then, fold. Postflop here, what do you know? He raises with 10% preflop, but from early/middle position, what does that mean? You could be way ahead, or he could have AA, KK.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      You can't fold here without a read since UTG+2 is likely playing 88+ given his flop lead. (AK :heart: :heart: maybe).

Even if you had re-raised PF UTG+2 would probably have smooth called pf and c/r you on the flop. If you lost this hand it is just a cooler.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You recognized yourself that you made a mistake preflop. Lets look at the flopplay.

Thoughts: He raised preflop, what he do with 88+, AQ, AK
      On the flop he makes a half potsize bet after two opponents check to him. That could mean AA, KK to see where he stands (if he gets check/raised by the other two players he had a decision to make) or he wants to keep you in the pot with AKs or AQs, because he is holding a monsterdraw with up to 15 Outs.

So you raise him here (of course to protect your hand), and he raises you All-In after the other Two folded. He only would do that with AA, KK or AKs and AQs in hearts. I do not see him to do that with TT or JJ, since he does not want to see an Q, K or A then and Hero does not have to call so much here to be all-In. And he will know that you either have an Overpair that you slowplayed preflop (if he isn´t holding one), a Flushdraw with maybe a Madehand or a Set.

So honestly I think you´re beat here or only have a coinflip.

According to the Equilator, where I gave Villain the following hands: AKs, AQs, AJs, KK, AA, 88 he gives me that result: You only have 15% Equity but you need at least 25% to be even.

So lets give our Opponent some more hands. Lets say: 88+, AKs, AQs, AJs and KQs then you would have an Equity of 55%.

But realisticly we have to eliminate 99, TT and JJ, so with that we have an equity of 18%.

So for me its a fold here, unless you have other special reads on this player, that he would do this stunts with Air.