Stacks:
      UTG ($6.83)
      UTG+1 ($7.55)
      CO ($11.97)
      BTN ($19.15)
      Hero ($14.64)
      BB ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB K:club: A:heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: 9:diamond: 3:heart: 7:club: ($2.70, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BTN calls $1.60

Turn: 4:spade: ($5.90, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.80, BTN calls $3.80

River: 9:heart: ($13.50, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $7.94, BTN calls $7.94

Villain is 20/15 after 47 hands
  • 2 replies
    • wildfool
      wildfool
      Bronze
      it seems really improbable that someone with a worse hand than ace-high would call you. I would have cbet on the turn, and if they didnt fold, id give up on it.

i would put them somewhere on a set or an over pair. TT or JJ? maybe even A9.

but then again, i'm very much a beginner.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd fire once and give up or just straight up check/fold the flop. He won't fold any pair he called with preflop to a c-bet on that board and with position/150bb effective stacks he might even just float you putting you on exactly what you have. If you think he calls wide enough with broadways hands you can c-bet just to collect the pot against those hands, but the first thing tags learn is usually not to call 3-bet with reverse implied odds hands.

The turn changes nothing for you, if anything it'll give more equity to villain's marginal hands like 76s so unless he's floating you or gets scared by the sheer amount of your bet he's unlikely to let go off anything he called the flop with.

River card is pretty bad if he had 9x there is no way he'll let go of it, if he flatted preflop with a big pair or made a set he obviously won't fold either. Plus you're giving him near 3:1 on a call which means you're have close to zero fold equity overall, just cut your losses.

Hope it helps.