This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] folding jacks preflop

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $3.43
      BU:
      $9.78
      SB:
      $5.09
      BB:
      $5.51
      MP2 (Hero):
      $8.12
      MP3:
      $3.93

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.35, CO raises to $3.43, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.42.

i guessed that his holdings on a 5-bet was likely to be QQ+, AK, and he was not exactly short and i could get away with my JJs, i did not want to flat his 3bet as i was going to be playing oop.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      You can't fold even if his holdings are QQ+, AK. Compare your equity vs that range (36%), to the equity needed to call profitably (30%).
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      You can't fold even if his holdings are QQ+, AK. Compare your equity vs that range (36%), to the equity needed to call profitably (30%).
      This. Didn't redo the calc but consider you put close to 40% of the effective stacks in with your 4-bet it sounds accurate. 4-bet/folding is way worse than calling the 3-bet.

Hope it helps.