$10.34
      CO:
      $8.27
      BU:
      $6.58
      SB:
      $7.03

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, J.
      Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 6, 9, J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.60, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.92.

opponent is a known fish with 50% vpip and aggressive. i thought that he was likely to be holding onto a worse jack, and at the same time likely to hold on to 2 pair or draws. the raise was to protect against the draw.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think often from fish this mindonk, 3bet line is often going to be v.strong much much more often than it is weak - and your hand is not doing that great again this range of like twopairs+ etc.

I would also just raise to protect then check-behind many turns for pot control and to bluff induce. But here I prefer to just fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I think often from fish this mindonk, 3bet line is often going to be v.strong much much more often than it is weak - and your hand is not doing that great again this range of like twopairs+ etc.

I would also just raise to protect then check-behind many turns for pot control and to bluff induce. But here I prefer to just fold.
      Agreed. minbet/3-bet lines usually doesn't involve ranges that TP2K is doing good against, mostly because truly maniacal fish usually don't start by minbetting with air anyway. Some of them might minbet with draws and then decide to 3-bet when faced with the decision, tho it doesn't happen that often. I'd also fold without a good reason to stick around.

Don't let it deter you from value-raising in the future ever in that spot, his minbet/calling range would still out-weight his minbet/3betting range by far.

Hope it helps.