Wow, great fluctuations at SNG's !

• DomenViBritannia
      DomenViBritannia
      Bronze
      I have been playing SNG's for three weeks now, and if I hadn't gotten $10 out of the bonus money (Full tilt) I'd be even now to where I started.

I win or place second or third every now and then, thus it nullifies.

Definitely switching to cash games... what's your experience with SNG's?
  • 5 replies
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      try harded. play ur A game and u will win some money :)
      im playing sng's too, well not the best player, but if i play my A game and don't get steamy cuz i get rivered out 5times in a row on bubble. then profit is nice :)
    • DomenViBritannia
      DomenViBritannia
      Bronze
      Well obviously I am still a core beginner, thus I shouldn't get too frustrated with not winning all the time.

I do get steamy if I am eliminated when I go call all-in with KK against 77 and he flops a set. Now that's just pathetic, but it's poker. I have a long way to go, but have to decide what games to play.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Don't get steamy, don't tilt, don't feel frustrated! With some help from tilting I lost >20 buy-ins :f_love: . Start practicing with the ICM Trainer and you will start winning a lot more in SnGs.

As a side note: We all have our fair share of bad beats and give them accordingly, whether it's cash games, SnGs, MTTs. You just have to put in enough volume.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      it happens,

sngs are a volume game. if you are good and work on ur game constantly you will see great profits after large samples.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Don't get steamy, don't tilt, don't feel frustrated! With some help from tilting I lost >20 buy-ins :f_love: . Start practicing with the ICM Trainer and you will start winning a lot more in SnGs.

As a side note: We all have our fair share of bad beats and give them accordingly, whether it's cash games, SnGs, MTTs. You just have to put in enough volume.

Actually you should receive alot more bad beats then you give if your playing well. Especially in the tournaments i've played the past week i have barely given any bad beats because i'm almost always ahead when it's going in :D