This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 - Blind Battle at a Tight Table

• Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed)

UTG+1 ($31.40)
      MP1 ($12.80)
      MP2 ($70.30)
      CO ($30.20)
      Button ($20.15)
      SB ($13.20)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($25.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 9:club: .
      [color:#666666]6 folds[/color], SB completes, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $1[/color], SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 3:spade: , Q:diamond: , 5:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $1.25[/color], SB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.50) K:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.50) 4:diamond: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.50

So here's the story. I've played 2 hands in the last 4 or 5 orbits (AA and AK and just won the blinds and a limp or two both times, so I didn't see a flop and didn't show my hand.) Also, the table has tightened up CONSIDERABLY (only 15% players per flop) and I'm planning on leaving after one more orbit regardless if I get anything or not.

Everyone folds to the small blind who completes. I figure that with my "tight image" and the tight table, he'll probably fold preflop...he doesn't. So I c-bet and he calls again. I give up on the hand. He was kind enough to show at showdown even though I folded uncontested. He had 76o...what an idiot :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I got AA (second time at the table!) two hands later and doubled up from this same fish :D :D :D

Anyway, shouldn't this play be profitable over the long run, especially at a weak-tight table? I remember reading somewhere that Alaton raises the SB completor from the BB with any two...

Thanks,
      Kknight

Oh and BTW, I made plenty of notes on this player...when I got AA two hands later, he limp-called with A6o, bet into me OOP with bottom pair of 6s, then called my all-in raise :rolleyes: Good fish to have notes on :D
  • 8 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Honestly in this hand I´m not sure who the bigger fish is. :D ;)

No seriously, you shouldn´t do stuff like this. On higher limits raising a SB who completes is ok, but you shouldn´t do this. Especially if you raised the two hands before that hand in a row, they will not not take you seriously.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Honestly in this hand I´m not sure who the bigger fish is. :D ;)
      Hey now...play nice ;)

No seriously, you shouldn´t do stuff like this. On higher limits raising a SB who completes is ok, but you shouldn´t do this. Especially if you raised the two hands before that hand in a row, they will not not take you seriously.
      I didn't raise the two hands before that hand. That was my point. I had been playing EXTREMELY TIGHT (or maybe I shouldn't say that...I just wasn't getting any hands at this table.) I had only played two hands in the last 4-5 whole ORBITS...which would be the last 45 or so hands. And I think the last hand I played was 2 orbits before this hand. Additionally, the entire table had become very weak-tight over the last several orbits. These two factors were the ONLY reason I considered doing this. I figured I'd either win it preflop or get an easy fold with a c-bet. For whatever reason though, he decided not to respect me...which actually worked in my favor two hands later when I got AA.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      So I misunderstood you. In this case I like that move and the whole hand. :)
      And of course I was kidding with my first sentence, which came because of the misunderstanding.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      So I misunderstood you. In this case I like that move and the whole hand. :)
      OK, good...thanks :)

And of course I was kidding with my first sentence, which came because of the misunderstanding.
      Don't worry, I knew you were. That's why my reply ended with the ;) face :D

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Don´t forget to answer my Email as well. ;) Maybe you´re busy, but I´m waiting for quite a while now. ;)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Yep, I know...it's been a very busy week. That's why I haven't been on the board much either. I feel really bad for not answering you sooner though...sorry. I'll make sure to answer it this evening when I get home.

Sorry! :(
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hey do not feel pressure my friend, just a little reminder. :)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      OK, thanks :) I'll still try to get it done this evening though :)