UTG+1 ($31.40)
      MP1 ($12.80)
      MP2 ($70.30)
      CO ($30.20)
      Button ($20.15)
      SB ($13.20)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($25.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 9:club: .
      [color:#666666]6 folds[/color], SB completes, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $1[/color], SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 3:spade: , Q:diamond: , 5:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $1.25[/color], SB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.50) K:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.50) 4:diamond: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.50

So here's the story. I've played 2 hands in the last 4 or 5 orbits (AA and AK and just won the blinds and a limp or two both times, so I didn't see a flop and didn't show my hand.) Also, the table has tightened up CONSIDERABLY (only 15% players per flop) and I'm planning on leaving after one more orbit regardless if I get anything or not.

Everyone folds to the small blind who completes. I figure that with my "tight image" and the tight table, he'll probably fold preflop...he doesn't. So I c-bet and he calls again. I give up on the hand. He was kind enough to show at showdown even though I folded uncontested. He had 76o...what an idiot :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I got AA (second time at the table!) two hands later and doubled up from this same fish :D :D :D

Anyway, shouldn't this play be profitable over the long run, especially at a weak-tight table? I remember reading somewhere that Alaton raises the SB completor from the BB with any two...

Thanks,
      Kknight

Oh and BTW, I made plenty of notes on this player...when I got AA two hands later, he limp-called with A6o, bet into me OOP with bottom pair of 6s, then called my all-in raise :rolleyes: Good fish to have notes on :D
  • 8 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Honestly in this hand I´m not sure who the bigger fish is. :D ;)

No seriously, you shouldn´t do stuff like this. On higher limits raising a SB who completes is ok, but you shouldn´t do this. Especially if you raised the two hands before that hand in a row, they will not not take you seriously.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Honestly in this hand I´m not sure who the bigger fish is. :D ;)
      Hey now...play nice ;)

No seriously, you shouldn´t do stuff like this. On higher limits raising a SB who completes is ok, but you shouldn´t do this. Especially if you raised the two hands before that hand in a row, they will not not take you seriously.
      I didn't raise the two hands before that hand. That was my point. I had been playing EXTREMELY TIGHT (or maybe I shouldn't say that...I just wasn't getting any hands at this table.) I had only played two hands in the last 4-5 whole ORBITS...which would be the last 45 or so hands. And I think the last hand I played was 2 orbits before this hand. Additionally, the entire table had become very weak-tight over the last several orbits. These two factors were the ONLY reason I considered doing this. I figured I'd either win it preflop or get an easy fold with a c-bet. For whatever reason though, he decided not to respect me...which actually worked in my favor two hands later when I got AA.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      So I misunderstood you. In this case I like that move and the whole hand. :)
      And of course I was kidding with my first sentence, which came because of the misunderstanding.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      So I misunderstood you. In this case I like that move and the whole hand. :)
      OK, good...thanks :)

And of course I was kidding with my first sentence, which came because of the misunderstanding.
      Don't worry, I knew you were. That's why my reply ended with the ;) face :D

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Don´t forget to answer my Email as well. ;) Maybe you´re busy, but I´m waiting for quite a while now. ;)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Yep, I know...it's been a very busy week. That's why I haven't been on the board much either. I feel really bad for not answering you sooner though...sorry. I'll make sure to answer it this evening when I get home.

Sorry! :(
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hey do not feel pressure my friend, just a little reminder. :)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      OK, thanks :) I'll still try to get it done this evening though :)