[NL2-NL10] NL2 - AKo - top par + flush draw vs ALL in on turn

• mrSarski

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.80 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , K:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, SB folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) 2:heart: , A:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,12, BB calls $0,12.

Turn: ($0,41) 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, BB raises to $0,78 (All-In), Hero calls $0,58.

River: ($1,97) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Kh)
      BB shows a straight, ace high (Ks Qc)

BB wins with a straight, ace high (Ks Qc)

The amount to call was a 1/3 pot, so I think maybe it's profitable to call.

When should I fold this kind of bet? Can I know from the stats if he is bluffing?

What range should I put him?
      - two harts
      - Ax
      - KQ
      - 22, 99, JJ
      - ?

• 1 reply
    • caltabiano

I'd bet more on the turn. Actually, I'd just shove turn :D He's still got 2x pot left, BUT I want to give him the chance to make a big mistake and since he has 1/2 a stack I'll assume he's a fish.

By shoving, I want to make him call anything that has equity, such as Ax or pair + :heart:
      Some of these hands might call a turn bet and fold on the river, but might be tempted to call the shove on the turn.
      I'm consdiering he's a fish (this is important)

Betting smaller is also a decent option, but I'd got for 30c instead of 20c.
      I wouldn't fold to a shove, because the odds are fairly decent and these midstackers go broke pretty loosely. I'd give him a range of Ax, pair + fd, flushes, 2P, sets... Anything decent.

The reason why I don't fold is that we're getting a good price and have outs against most of his hands (except the nut flush, which he might raise on the flop, making it less likely he has it) and again, these midstackers usually go broke pretty loosely.

Cheers! =)