Stack
      SB:
      $4,23
      UTG1:
      $0,69
      Hero:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.80 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, SB raises to $0,24, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,14.

Flop: ($0,52) 9:club: , 9:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,52) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,22, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,52

The pre-flop baet was small so I called. Should I fold pre-flop?

Shold I bet on the flop?

What range i can put him?

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say with only 50 hands and no 3bet% stat, we don't really have any idea what he's 3-betting to begin with.

On the flop I'll usually put him on whiffed overcards, a random pocket pair sometimes and some trickily played overpairs at times, a range against which I see no need to bet since we won't get better hands to fold and it's somewhat unlikely we get worse hands to call as well. I'd rather try and keep all those dominated Ax/Kx hands in there so that if we both hit a pair hero can vanquish villain :p

On the turn I'll usually call one, who knows what he's 'thinking' when we check back the flop he could bet everything. If you get the vibe he's rather passive I don't mind just getting out of the way, but without reads when it's relatively cheap I'll err on the side of the action that gives me the more information and I learn nothing about him by folding, whereas seeing if he bets again or not on the river is usually valuable.

Hope it helps.