$1,49
      BB:
      $1,01
      MP2:
      $2,36
      Hero:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.80 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , J:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) Q:spade: , 8:diamond: , K:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,04, SB calls $0,04, BB calls $0,04, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0,20) K:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,12, SB calls $0,12, BB folds.

River: ($0,44) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,12, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,44

I have bet on the flop and on the turn to build the pot if I hit straight.

Is this ok, or I should play this kind of hands passively?

• 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      IMO bet on the flop is okay as a semi bluff (but would be much better against less opponents) bet on the turn is bad because these guys don't seem to be going away.

I'd also be inclined to try and isolate MP2 preflop with a raise because initiative plus position plus opponent who only shows down super strong hands makes me happy.

But then again i'm pretty awful at poker. This is mainly a bump.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by fryandspicy
      IMO bet on the flop is okay as a semi bluff (but would be much better against less opponents) bet on the turn is bad because these guys don't seem to be going away.

I'd also be inclined to try and isolate MP2 preflop with a raise because initiative plus position plus opponent who only shows down super strong hands makes me happy.

But then again i'm pretty awful at poker. This is mainly a bump.
      Sounds fine to me really, don't sell yourself short.

Definitely raise preflop if you feel comfortable enough to do it, limp/fold & limp/call check/fold are probably villain's main lines based on his stats and JT plays well enough in position to try and take advantage of that.

The flop is somewhat bad since there are plenty of random pairs/draws for villains to have but you can still get them to fold stuff that completely whiffed like 43s/33/A2 or something, so coupled with your OESD + possible overcards to 8x it should be enough pot equity+fold equity to make a bet profitable. I'd just pot it to make sure stuff like 33 doesn't think too much about calling and it builds the pot a bit more for the good times we hit something.

I'd check back the turn, I don't think they're both folding much of anything that they peeled the flop with on that pairing turn K and we risk getting check/raised with our OESD if one of those shortstacked clowns has trips.

Not much you can do on the river with TJ-high unless you feel like beating J9 to make villain commit suicide :p Bad players could still play stuff as strong as trips/boats like that and even if they have a weaker pair than that they usually don't like to fold, so any kind of bluff-raise in that spot is probably ill-advised.

Hope it helps.