Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $3.50, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $3.50, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($8.50) Q:spade: 9:heart: 3:club:

Hero bets $4, CO raises to $8, Hero calls $4

TURN ($24.50) Q:spade: 9:heart: 3:club: J:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $14, Hero raises to $42.50

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/kemor.jpg/
      http://img684.imageshack.us/i/kemor.jpg/
      This hand is played on a FTP shallow table. Just doubled up twice :)
      Vilian plays SSS until doubled up. So same story. Played some hands together and surely isnt a retard.
      Maybe this hand is more like BSS though...

Pre: Since he calls (call-20 is valid here) IP he could have small PP, SC's, AK and maaaybe slow played KK+.

Flop: Yeah baby best flop! Top set and no draws :D . So I bet smallish maybe should be $5 instead.
      When he min-raises its either 22 or 99 which made a set or total air and maaaybe KK+.
      When I call, I think I play my cards face up....
      Should I raise/ship it right here? 22 and 99 will never fold here on the flop. From total air I wont get any more value.

Turn: C/R again face up. Since the board introduced a FD I didn;t want to give a free card to an unlikely stubborn AKs. He typed in the chat "You cant be THAT lucky!" LOL. And he folded his 99 :( Which IS kinda cool... He as well played his hand pretty face up.

Are the following lines better?:
      Flop bet/call min-R; turn C/C; river donk/AI any card
      Flop bet/raise/AI?

Thanks

T.
      I
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      This is a standard line I take so nh :)
      If he is spazzy you can click it back on the Flop but you have an incredible lock on the hand + redraws.
      You also can Click it back Flop when you are unsure whether he barrels the Turn because you block 2 Queens so AQ/KQ/QJ is like unlikely

he is an idiot for folding 99 here
      And call-20 rule is only applicable if you (the villain from his POV) is stacking off lighter than expected

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks, I was quite sure this was the standard line. I was just wondering if there was a more +EV line to take against this villain?

What is that comment on the call-20 rule? I am raising UTG so that means a strong hand range. Ofcourse I wont go broke for 80bb+ with only TP or OP (AQ, KK+ in this case). But I think most players wont...

About folding 99, is it a leak to follow your intuition some times?

T.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You can click it back on the Flop , you can call Flop & check/call Turn. The last one is vulnerable on the River since then you rely on opponents to bet the River.

Yep that was the comment

Well following your intuition depends. But as soon as I minraise middle set on the Flop and turn brings more draws. I see a lot of hands Villain can beat here. You can have AA,KK, QJ, AQ,QJ,Q9,33,KQ,A:cT,A:cK and stuff