[NL2-NL10] NL2 KK vs. Soaking Wet Board

• fryandspicy
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.34) 7, 5, 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP2 raises to $1.89(All-In), CO folds, SB folds

Because of the preflop action, i'm thinking villain has either a semi bluff hand like a flush draw and two overcards, or a set. It's five hands in since he joined the table so i have no reads on him. Is it correct to call here or should i just let it go? Although the stakes are low, on full tilt there are alot of set miners and the competition is, compared to places like everest, pretty good.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Best advice I can give you is to just keep the player search window opened on FTP and look up players in situations like this one.

If he's playing like 10 tables and jamming on that board in a 4-way pot chances are he's just in "I have a set and it's drawy I'm shoving to protect, hopefully somebody calls me" mode.

If he's 1-2 tabling or so, he's probably just some fish liable to play a lot of worse hands like draws or top pairs/overpairs like that regardless of it being a 4-way pot, so I'm not folding. Occasionally he'll have the nuts as well since people seem to love just going all-in right away with their monsters these days.

Hope it helps.