delete

• 15 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It's close to what I have...

Asus K50IJ series

I have the one with the Intel Pentium T4400. I think Intel CPUs have an edge over AMD so that's why I chose this notebook. I run Y!M, FTP, Winamp and BitDefender Internet Security on it along with some Win gadgets at the same time and it runs great... no lagging. You could also easily run HD videos, so if you don't need anything gaming related, it's great for you.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Notebook = a normal laptop.

Netbook = A laptop stripped down to the very basic necessities. They are made to be very mobile and have a smallscreen and longer batterylife then laptops.

You really don't need much if you only want to do things like browse the internet. But if your not going to moving your laptop alot you might aswell just buy a notebook anyway. The laptop you listed is pretty good. You want to be looking for mostly at the processor speed and if its dual-core. The hard drive space and RAM. And screensize ofcourse.

dualcore 2ghz+, 4gb RAM and however much hard drive space you want is really plenty. you probably would be fine even with 2gb RAM/Memory and even less ghz.

Most laptops are pretty much the same really.. you will very often see the same brands having laptops with almost exactly the same hardware..

My laptop has 6GB, windows 7 64bit, dualcore 2.2ghz processor, a decent graphics card and 500GB hard drive space and it can run anything i've played so far on highest settings without any lagg. I'm not that much of a hardcore gamer anymore though, So probably the most demanding games probably won't run fine on it at highest settings.. But for those games you'd probably be better off buying a desktop anyway
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      If you ever want to play poker on that laptop without an external monitor you are not going to be able to 4 table because of the resolution. I would take a look at some customizable laptops from Dell or Sony (They may not be the best brand but they are affordable). Otherwise have a look at laptops direct they have some really good deals occasionally.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      I would take a look at some customizable laptops from Dell or Sony (They may not be the best brand but they are affordable).
      Sony makes some of the best laptops in the business. ?( Also they are generally the least affordable. :f_confused: :s_confused:
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      The i3-330 laptop looks good but built in video always scares me. I am running the i5-520 now it runs smooth.
    • Funkyquartz
      Funkyquartz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      I would take a look at some customizable laptops from Dell or Sony (They may not be the best brand but they are affordable).
      Sony makes some of the best laptops in the business. ?( Also they are generally the least affordable. :f_confused: :s_confused:
      - I have a sony laptop in silver/white with i3- best £600 I have ever spent!
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I took a look for you and the build upgrade to the studio with the 1GB video will run you 850$US~ "The Studio 15". Look online for a coupon! I found a 100$ off coupon when I got mine.

I would not worry about the screen size. The larger the screen the less battery life you'll get generally. I go 15.6" and have a larger monitor for when I am plugged in at home. The inspiron 17 has a 4 cell battery....

If you are not planning to play games and want to go cheap the best option is the 699$ version.

If there is a coupon out there I think you can get a very good system with the i3 and 1GB video for 750-800$.

I would save and get the model with better components. For 250$ you'll get way more bang for your $. ( power, More slots "HDMI", resell value etc...)

just my 0.02$ :) good luck!
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I have the same laptop but 320 GB HDD... The sound volume is not what I expected.. Video performance is not great too. I play QuakeLive from time to time but it's not possible on this laptop :(
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Relax... I used to spend tons of money to pc hardwares but now I don't spend that much. That's because everyday something new comes up. I bought this laptop for good price and I'm sure u did too. Try to forget other alternatives because technology is advancing way too fast to waiting for best deal and stay as best deal for 1 or 2 months. I think this laptop will be enough for 2 years..

I bought it for poker too. Occasionally play Quake Live. You need to have headphones at all times with this laptop other than that I think it runs OK for this price and battery life is satisfactory. I was thinking of getting an Archos 9 (google for it). I wanted to play wherever I go. If I wait in the car for my gf, then I could play some orbits and don't waste time :) or read some e-books etc.. Then I decided to not buy it and let the technology advance a bit so they'll be sold cheaper... I think I'll get HP Slate but we'll see how good it'll be...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      i dunno alot about computers but my gf just got an asus not sure what model it was with a phone contract and the only word for it is shit from the moment she got it crashes all the time internet freezes and the screen goes funny. Her sisters was the same too so its put me off them but they might have just picked a bad model or been unlucky in the unit they were sent.

i hope you have better luck with yours