$1.27
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $3.02
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $1.37

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) T, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.49) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30.

River: ($1.09) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $2.69.

This is against an unknown opponent
      I was unsure how to play this on all streets to be honest (apart from the PFR of course) so all advice is much appreciated.

TIA
      Jacz
  • 4 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Flop and turn are just like bet/fold imo - bet/sizing is ok.

On river you're only beating AdX hands and for him to have called two streets on that is pushing it imo. From his play I would say he mostly has Kx, maybe some PPs with a diamond in and some other one pair type hands. He won't suddenly turn these pair hands into a bluff when he's called two streets on them so if you check they will check behind, Kx will bet and he might occasionally try to turn AdX into a bluff.

Overall I would play check/fold since his passitivity on flop and turn when you are PFR indicates to me he is at least giving you credit for something on your bets and so imo his bluffing % decreases to a small amt and him only betting really when he has me beat.
    • jacz88
      jacz88
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply.
      When I looked back over the hand afterwards I did question my river bet as I thought if he was beat he wouldn't of called my bet.

I think also I didn't put him on enough of a range of hands in the way that you did, I think I focused too much on the potential flush without considering too many other possibilities. Having said that even if he had a busted flush draw then my river bet was still incorrect.

Once again thanks for your input
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      Flop/Turn is OK. Check call river as a bluff catcher. The bet on river makes no sense cuz you beat nothing that he will call the raise with.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Flop and turn are just like bet/fold imo - bet/sizing is ok.

On river you're only beating AdX hands and for him to have called two streets on that is pushing it imo. From his play I would say he mostly has Kx, maybe some PPs with a diamond in and some other one pair type hands. He won't suddenly turn these pair hands into a bluff when he's called two streets on them so if you check they will check behind, Kx will bet and he might occasionally try to turn AdX into a bluff.

Overall I would play check/fold since his passitivity on flop and turn when you are PFR indicates to me he is at least giving you credit for something on your bets and so imo his bluffing % decreases to a small amt and him only betting really when he has me beat.
      I second this, tho I think saying he probably won't bluff the river just because he only called flop and turn is pushing it a bit, you'll a lot of player simply incapable of doing anything aggressive with a draw up until it busts, and then bluffing is like their only option so they do it. Given that I think

Originally posted by jecis4
      Flop/Turn is OK. Check call river as a bluff catcher. The bet on river makes no sense cuz you beat nothing that he will call the raise with.
      is a viable option as well.

Hope it helps.