[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH J9s Deepstacked 2pair, bad turn+reraised

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      My hand reading here may have failed me. I put my range is crushed by better 2pair, combo draws, sets, and straights. But could there be more in his range of semibluffs for fd or TP? On the turn he hesitated before betting but instapushed.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.18
      MP2:
      $16.95
      MP3 (Hero):
      $32.12
      CO:
      $2.36
      BU:
      $7.17
      SB:
      $1.56

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.56) 9, J, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, MP2 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.56) K (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.44, Hero raises to $4.00, MP2 raises to $15.78, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.56.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Id just call his bet on the turn. You can reevaluate on the river and perhaps call down on some, although Im tending to fold more rivers than calling on them - just going to rely on like betsizing etc.

By raising I think you're pretty much folding out every single hand you beat except a flushdraw. Also you're getting like (2+10[behind]):1 on his turn bet which is > you housing up - although you have to stack him near everytime you hit for you to call on this and be +EV.

All in all I think its pretty close - but Im never raising here I'm only considering calling or folding - I think this is the best way to get value from his range. I think I would just call and reevaulate on the river - its never a bad call because you can call some rivers, shove when you house up and even if you call and you see him with Tx you at least get some reads on him and if you're going to be playing deep for a while this is going to be important to you.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Id just call his bet on the turn. You can reevaluate on the river and perhaps call down on some, although Im tending to fold more rivers than calling on them - just going to rely on like betsizing etc.

By raising I think you're pretty much folding out every single hand you beat except a flushdraw. Also you're getting like (2+10[behind]):1 on his turn bet which is > you housing up - although you have to stack him near everytime you hit for you to call on this and be +EV.

All in all I think its pretty close - but Im never raising here I'm only considering calling or folding - I think this is the best way to get value from his range. I think I would just call and reevaulate on the river - its never a bad call because you can call some rivers, shove when you house up and even if you call and you see him with Tx you at least get some reads on him and if you're going to be playing deep for a while this is going to be important to you.
      This. Tho if you boat up and he still bets strong it's possible he shows up with stuff like Q9/KJ/KK so depending on the player I might not be looking to get 300bb in on the river.

Hope it helps.