$4.44
      MP1:
      $1.25
      MP2:
      $7.02
      MP3 (Hero):
      $12.50

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T.
      Hero posts deadblind, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO folds, BU raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.77) 4, 9, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.00, BU raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $3.45, BU raises to $9.55, Hero raises to $13.15, BU calls $3.00.

Turn: ($25.07) K (2 players)

River: ($25.07) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $25.07.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(T T).
      BU shows three of a kind, kings(K K).

BU wins with three of a kind, kings(K K).
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I would say it is ok. When calling with TT OOP 200BB deep I'm really just looking to setmine, call one/two times with an overpair since I don't want to get into trouble spots.

I would really be raising to bigger amounts on the flop - 3x his $0.4 and like 2.5 x his reraise
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Yeah i agree you didn't raise large enough. Maybe it's best to just call his second raise and try and get it in on the turn so as not to scare off people who are just attempting to catch bluffs too?

That could let the flush draw or straight draw get there though, but i would probably take the risk and not overplay the hand on the flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I would say it is ok. When calling with TT OOP 200BB deep I'm really just looking to setmine, call one/two times with an overpair since I don't want to get into trouble spots.

I would really be raising to bigger amounts on the flop - 3x his $0.4 and like 2.5 x his reraise
      This overall.

When you get to the flop, your call is to just shoving as much money in as fast as possible. There are a lot of draws out there that will pay off huge bets and raises, and when they hit you're in trouble, so you have every reason to try and end the hand as soon as villain is willing to. In that spot after making a small 3-bet it's pretty likely he has an overpair, and if you can stack those it'll trump the rest of his range, so just focus on that and ask yourself the question, what will he do with these if you bet out?

The most likely answer is that he will raise with his overpairs and likely not fold them to a 3-bet. So against most players you can get 3 bets in on the flop by taking a bet/3bet line instead of a check/raise line, since there is no guarantee villain will 3-bet after a check/raise but we're pretty confident he'll raise a bet so we can 3bet ourselves.

@fryandspicy: don't worry about him trying to catch anything, everything points to him being a fish with an overpair, just act like it's the truth and raise big until you're all in.

Hope it helps.