Pokerstars Security Or Fraud?

• scared81
      scared81
      Bronze
      I won small amount of money on Pokerstrategy.com.
      They didn't want to give me the money before i prove them i'm over 18 years of age.
      I have sent them a photo of my ID card on which it is clearly shown my date of birth.
      I have made all of the requirements they asked.
      I sent the photo in black and white, beind affraid of the identity theft or any kind of fraud. Think it is a little safer this way.
      Now they still refuse to give me my earned money saying that they need my id card in colour.
      All of this is rather suspicious to me, especially when all they wanted to know if i'm over 18.

Also few of people i know got this money without having to give any ID card photos.

p.s. in attachment i wanted to give you the cronology of converstation with pokerstrategy support team but they dont let me attach it

WHAT DO YOU THINK PEOPLE?
      WONDER IF THEY'LL BAN THIS POST
  • 16 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      run away from this site. it is a fraud. they will steal ur identity like they did to few more million people and use it for other frauds
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey scared81,

I have already replied here

Regards,

Kyle.
    • scared81
      scared81
      Bronze
      GOOD ONE...DID YOU THINK OF IT RIGHT NOW OR HAVE YOU BEEN SAVING IT FOR THE RIGHT MOMENT GENIOUS
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi scared81,

we always welcome criticism, as long as it is uttered in a respectful and constructive manner. Kyle has already explained the situation to you, so I kindly ask you to refrain from opening more threads regarding this topic, especially in this tone.

We are more than happy to assist you with all issues you might encounter, but please accept that we have put security measures in place which you have agreed to upon registration.

Best regards,

Hadi
    • Funkyquartz
      Funkyquartz
      Bronze
      Look, scared81, if you don't like this site then don't use it. simple as!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Goodbye! I'm sure someone like you. So polite and mature as you behave. Is a very great loss for pokerstrategy.

I'm seriously starting to doubt your even 18 and that you just used a fake/someone elses id.. Either way.. it's sad..
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      I cant help myself, but i have to see the comedy in it :)

The dude is trying to Challange PS credibility, and in doing so he is just loosing all credibility himself.

LOL, i also starting to doubt this guy is over 18.

Yeah yeah, i just have tro laugh. But on the other hand it is very sad seeing this kind of behaviour.

Anyway, i will always go good for PS. And im grateful for the starting capital and all the exellent training material and coachings. +++

Unfortunately there will always be people out there with this kind of twisted view on things.
    • JamieFinch
      JamieFinch
      Bronze
      Hi there.

I have a similar question, I didn't want to just start another thread on the subject.

I have been asked for ID also. I personally have no problem with this and have already sent a full colour scan of my passport.

However, I have also been asked for proof of address.

I have a small problem there because I live between the UK and Thailand (where I am now). I did not have the option to give my Thai address when registering for the $50 bonus (Thailand was not in the country list), and I have no proof of residing at the UK address that I gave.

Is this a major problem? If so how can this be resolved.

Thanks.
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      Hi

If i were you i would open a ticket here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/support/

Good luck, hope it gets sorted.
    • JamieFinch
      JamieFinch
      Bronze
      I'll do that.

Thanks for the help.

Do people usually get asked for ID to prove their address?

I suspect that I have been checked out online and they can find no confirmation of me residing at the address I gave. I know this because I have had a few bookmakers accounts suspended for this reason.

The UK address that I have given is my grandmothers address, which is where I stay when I am back in the UK. I pay no bills there and my only UK bank account has not been used for so long that I cannot even be sure that it exists any more. In short, I can provide no evidence whatsoever that the address that I gave is accurate.

I have sent an application form to be added to the electoral roll already. With luck I should be added to the electoral roll on the 1st next month. I suspect that this will solve the problem of my identification at that address, meaning that I will no longer be asked for ID with my address on it.

Could anybody please confirm this?

Thanks
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey JamieFinch,

your best bet is to follow tvalbergs advice and contact our customer support team. I'm certain they will be able to assist you in this matter :)

Hadi
    • JamieFinch
      JamieFinch
      Bronze
      Message sent to support

Thanks for the help.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Best of luck - if you have any more questions that we might help you with, please don't hesitate to ask
    • JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      Scared81

I really cant remember the TOS on this site but I assume it's the same as most other sites when it comes to providing ID, they want 'original' scanned copies. B/W is obviously not original. No scam here, just comply!
    • JamieFinch
      JamieFinch
      Bronze
      They have changed my address status so that I can use my Thai address to prove my ID.

Good stuff, I look forward to sharing my poker stories with you when everything is sorted.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JamieFinch
      They have changed my address status so that I can use my Thai address to prove my ID.

Good stuff, I look forward to sharing my poker stories with you when everything is sorted.
      And we can't wait to hear them :)