4%
        leave the table
        3%
      Total: 78 Votes
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2:club: , A:heart:
      4 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.00) 3:heart: , T:heart: , K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.00) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.00) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero raises to $15.00, SB raises to $34.58 (All-In), Hero ???

What do you think about the river play?
  • 16 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I think SB is raising us out of our seat here and we have to leave the table :D .
      Anyway i would have raised as well and called the allin. He limped first in from SB so i dont think he has a pocket pair (especially not TT/KK). He might have 66 but then he would fold to our contibet on the flop. The only likely hands that can beat us here are 33 , K3 , T3. But they are not really likely holdings anyway.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Obviously we're calling, not knowing anything about our opponent the only holding that beats us which is remotely likely is KK. Whether our opponent would just complete with pocket pairs can be determined fairly accurately just from stats, but it wouldn't affect postflop play. If we lose, we get to make an interesting note.

Would have played it the same and can't think of a good reason to do otherwise.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Call obviously. If villain is a Rock type player we should consider folding here.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      If he is passive could call BU raise with TT. The question here is what hand would 3bet this board on the river? If he got 2nd nut flush he would call.
      One more thing he's all in raise is so small comparing to the pot that he must be sure that we will call this. I have doubts if call is the best choice here. :rolleyes:
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Easy call. :)
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      snapcall fistpump instacall!

If he has you beat, then he missplayed his hand terribly!

edit: I just accidently pressed fold though, but I ment to press call
    • Qastorimon
      Qastorimon
      Bronze
      Is this hand ment to repair the broken selfesteem of all the people who chose the wrong answer the last couple of instructional sample hands :D ?
    • Zajebani
      Zajebani
      Bronze
      Flush with Q...
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Call.

He would beat us with KK, TT, K3, T3, which are unlikely from his pf play

66 is also possible but then he played the flop like a donk.
      33 is a long shot.
      Most probably he made is flush.
    • gutshotstraightdraw
      gutshotstraightdraw
      Bronze
      Call call call !!! :D

If he has a FH he is a donkey and will give us back our money anway ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If the SB had a strong made hand on the flop he is a donkey for not raising.

If the SB has called down with a big :heart: he is a donkey for 3-betting the river.

Since in either case SB is a donkey we cannot give him credit on the river and we have to call.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Qastorimon
      Is this hand ment to repair the broken selfesteem of all the people who chose the wrong answer the last couple of instructional sample hands :D ?
      Maybe :D Almost all of you were correct here.

This hand is a classical example for hand reading.
      Some players will assume villain pushes a full house on the river. But how should he do that? Where does this full house come from?
      Complete/call preflop often means a very weak hand. TT/KK can be excluded. Check/call on a 1-suited board excludes a set of 3s. 66 would have been played really strange with check/call flop as well as K3, T3 or 63.
      That means we have to go all-in on the river and should expect to be up against a weaker flush. That's what villain's line looks like: check/call flop with a flush draw and bet/raise river with completed flush.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I strongly disagree that KK and TT can be completely eliminated from the opponent's range with no reads or stats given. For KK in particular, a surprising number of players will consistently play their big pairs and big hands in general passively on all streets but the river. (There's even some (bad) advice (which then becomes even worse when misapplied) along these lines given in some poker literature.)

But obviously normally this is just a non-nut flush.
    • Muggs
      Muggs
      Bronze
      Call!
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I think he has a lower flush, that is why he called flop and didn't raise, then got excited on the river and raised all in. Anyways what was the result?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Only a full house would beat you here, and the villain's line doesn't really suggest he has one. Perhaps he has a lower flush or try's to represent an A high flush. Easy call imo.