$2.10
      MP2:
      $3.42
      MP3:
      $1.34
      CO:
      $1.10

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.34) 7, T, 4 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, BU calls $0.16, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.82) 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, MP3 calls $0.42, BU calls $0.42.

River: ($2.08) Q (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 folds, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2.08.
      Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, fours and threes(3 4).
      Hero shows a pair of tens(T A).

BU wins with two pairs, fours and threes(3 4).

I got owned by 3 4s, maybe my bets were to small? Maybe he was just fish?
      Please tell me what should i do in these situations!?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I think the bets are a tad on the small side. They don't chase away draws, neither do they extract as much value as you could with higher bets. Smooth calls to me mean middle pairs, draws, and (occasionally) slowplays. You should be charging many of these hands. I'd probably bet 2/3 pot on the flop, the river i'd be a bit worried but carry on betting 2/3 pot (probably someone could give you better advice here. My main fear would be slowplayed sets. One smooth call i wouldn't care but two, both with position, makes me nervous)

The check on the end makes sense when all you have is a top pair.

Your opponent played pretty horribly on every street if that's any consolation.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Bet like $0.22 on the flop but I would bet around your sizing on the turn but a little higher $0.5 is good imo. River I don't really like checking into two people because Im scared one will bluffbet often so I might make a $0.6 blockbet or smth - but if you know they are passive check/fold is fine.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just bet 3/4 on the flop and 2/3 on the turn for value. On the river I don't mind blockbet/folding I think it's a fine option if you don't know your opponents. (lol at the guy folding the river..)

Originally posted by amplifyd
      River I don't really like checking into two people because Im scared one will bluffbet often so I might make a $0.6 blockbet or smth - but if you know they are passive check/fold is fine.
      Be careful with that. Them being passive means they suck big time at valuebetting so they're not betting anything like Tx or Qx when you check, probably not two pairs either, and even passive players raise with sets sometimes. So their range for betting the river would be very constricted and virtually all the draws missing you might be looking at a range that is so poor in value hands that it's actually weighted toward bluffs for passive players.

Originally posted by fryandspicy
      I think the bets are a tad on the small side. They don't chase away draws, neither do they extract as much value as you could with higher bets.
      Again you shouldn't think like that, you don't really want draws to fold. You want them to call against the odds so that you get money out of them. They're just worse hands that happen to get there sometimes but most of the time they don't.

Hope it helps.