$20.31
      BB:
      $10.93
      MP2:
      $12.59
      MP3:
      $9.85

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, 8.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.9) 8, J, 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1.05.

Turn: ($3.9) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5.00, Hero raises to $8.20, BB calls $3.20.

River: ($20.3) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.3.

Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands)
      SB - 17/12/2.1/790, fold to steal 84%
      BB - 14/11/1.5/339, fold to steal 94%

Preflop - Both blinds are tight, so I'm stealing wide here. Do you think J8o is too loose?
      Flop - I probably have the best hand. However, there are quite a few draws possible, so decided to raise. I expected him to have a draw, a low pp, less likely Jx
      Turn - T completes some of straight draws, but not the most likely ones, especially taking into account his nitty stats. Do you think I should continue aggression? How to react to his min-check-raise?

Thanks
      Yuri
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine, nothing is too loose with people that fold so damn often, tho you certainly don't have to push it to extremes if you don't want to. Flop is standard as well.

On the turn it's somewhat odd since really I wouldn't expect such a player to bet out only half pot with Jx and then call a raise with it too often. It's possible but it's more likely he has a draw somehow. Given that I'd bet for value on that turn as well. When he check/minraises however it seems very out of line for that player. It's possible the Tc gave him a combo draw of some sort but then if he was going to spazz out with it I'd expect a shove more often than a minraise. Based on his overall tightness I still think we're behind often but there is a lot of money in the pot already and it's certainly possible he sometimes does that with a worse hand with a lot of "outs".

Pretty tough spot I don't think you can fault either jamming or folding too much, just trust your guts during the hand and learn/adapt accordingly in the future.

Hope it helps.