nl200 trips vs complete fish

• ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Villain had been playing seemingly fit/fold vs my cbets, but very capable of bluffing when i checked behind.
      Turn minraise makes him call with all his weak value hands and might induce a bluff? It also sets up river for a less than potsized shove. those were my thoughts, what are yours?

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      SB Hero ($424)
      BB kost65 ($254)

Pre-Flop: ($3, 2 players) Hero is SB 9:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero raises to $6, kost65 raises to $18, Hero calls $12

Flop: 9:club: K:spade: 9:heart: ($36, 2 players)
      kost65 checks, Hero checks

Turn: 6:heart: ($36, 2 players)
      kost65 bets $36, Hero raises to $72, kost65 calls $36

River: J:spade: ($180, 2 players)
      kost65 checks, Hero goes all-in $334
  • 2 replies
    • majstereo
      majstereo
      Bronze
      1. Im folding preflop

2.on this flop this guy is representing sd value JJ QQ TT QR or some smaller pocketpair => im betting this flop all day long to keep my range wider.

3. hmm 3-bet pf / check flop / bet turn doesnt looks very bluffy so raise and make him dizzy with QQ or JJ looks good. If he is bluffing here very often there is more reasont to call than raise, but if U expect him to call here a tons U can raise larger to give him better odds on the river.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Was POT his standard bet sizing? Because it looks kinda weird for him to check flop with stuff like TT/QQ and then suddenly decide to pot the turn. But then again, fish does weird things.

Based on that and your description i'd tend to weight his range more towards bluffs/semibluffs and monsters rather than weak value hands. Vs such range i don't like a raise here, and don't think that minraise will induce since he shown so far to be straightforward against your aggression.