Noga's pokercareer

• Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      So..puschkin directed me to this place in the forum :)
      I feel like creating my poker diary here, so off we go!

About me: I'm a 21 year old student from Belgium, studying IT (or whats the name in English? I study programming, webdesign, .. stuff like that).
      I started playing trough pokerstrategy 7 months ago while they only had the promotion with party going on. I started playing fixed limit there because I was somewhat scared to play huge pots I guess. After a while I got terribly bored by poker and kinda ruined my whole roll there.

Offcorse I started to regret that after a short while and started looking for a website where I could deposit on with a bankwire thing. So I started playing on PokerStars.
      I played alot of STTs and MTTs there but the last month or so, I started grinding out the 6-max NL tables because I realised that was the game where you could get the money!
      After missing pokerstrategy and the community here I noticed that I could set up a neteller account, withdraw some money from stars to my account and then redeposit it on full tilt.
      That's what I did, I deposited $110 on FTP (don't ask me why it's 110, I have no clue either!)

So today I started playing NL10 6-max (yea I know, bad bankroll management but I'm pretty sure I can dominate those tables *feeling modest*:) )
      I got my aces crushed 3 times in row already though, but we're hanging on!

I guess I'll do a little dayreport every time, hope to inspire some other microgrinders, maybe teach someone something once, .. We'll see :)
  • 32 replies
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      There, day 1 is done, my first part of the bonus is done.
      I started playing some tables, trying to get used to the new software. My play really suffered hard from it in the beginning, didn't really notice with how many people I was in the pot and what was going on.
      I got stacked 3 times in row with my aces, one time the other flopped trips after I 3-betted him preflop, the other time a guy hit a runner-runner against me and I can't remember the 3th at the moment.

So I went to play live with some friends, had some fun, and then got back home to finish my first part of the deposit bonus. I got used to the software and started to beat up on them fishes :) Oh boy, those tables were soft! They all play way to passive, even the TAGs overthere.

The only bad thing about FTP: the rake at NL10 is HUUUUGE, I payed $36.36!! today (according to Poker Grapher) over 1,636 hands.

Here's a graph of today:

Here are the hands at my graph with 1* and 2*:
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($21.30)
      SB ($22)
      BB ($10.55)
      UTG ($10.65)
      MP ($8.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with , .
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, MP calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.05) , , (2 players)
      MP bets $0.5, Hero raises to $1.5, MP raises to $3, Hero raises to $22.35 (All-In), MP calls $5.45 (All-In).

Turn: ($17.95) (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($17.95) (2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $17.95

Results:
      MP has 6h 8h (straight, jack high).
      Hero has Qc Qd (two pair, queens and sevens).
      Outcome: MP wins $31.85.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($15.70)
      Button ($5.75)
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($5.10)
      UTG ($11.60)
      MP ($5.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with , .
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, Button calls $0.45, 2 folds, MP calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.50) , , (3 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.2, Button raises to $2.4, MP raises to $5.45 (All-In), Hero calls $4.25, Button folds.

Turn: ($0) (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $14.80

Results:
      MP has Qd 8s (flush, king high)
      Hero has 9c 9d (three of a kind, nines).
      Outcome: MP wins $14.80.

Ah well, part of the game!
      I really enjoyed playing today, that's been a while to be honest. The software is fun and the idea of me going for silverstatus and above again on pokerstrategy is a motivation aswell. Good thing I have rakeback now ;) cause that's killing me otherwise.

Bankroll: $134.60
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi nogatsira!

Nice to read that you are back. Your graph looks good. Some beats, but as you already mentioned: that's part of the game. Btw: I don't think that it is good to play "underbankrolled" but that's your decision. Hope you keep winning.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Yeah I know about the bankroll but full tilt aint offering anyone lower stakes. I'll grind till $500 before I move up and use good br management from then on.
    • gutshotstraightdraw
      gutshotstraightdraw
      Bronze
      Some graphs look like roller coasters :D

How successful have you been the last days?
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Boy o boy, have I been running bad.
      I'm not gonna blame everything on bad luck because I wasn't playing my A-game either but to show my luck, here's a graph of the sklansky bucks:

Not really pretty hm?
      I hope my luck turns around pretty quickly
      At least I'm learning to work on my game now, play more concentrated, review my sessions, ...

And hey, after 2 days I got silverstatus already! :D
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Alot of people whine and cry about variance, but actually I do love it!
      In the longer run, you'll end up having 50/50 on bad luck and good luck, so you can only come out as a better player, as long as you don't tilt while on the bad side of luck.

I started running really badly in my journey to riches, but you got to keep holding on. I started playing less tables, was more focussed, reviewed my hands where I lost the most and the one's where I might have missed some value and then the good part of variance showed up!
      Getting aces against kings AI preflop with 200BB deep and not losing is a good feeling :)

Also I met a guy sitting to my left named "WildWilly" and some numbers behind his nickname. And he was wild indeed, I started to shove my good hands preflop against him quickly, cause I didn't want anyone else to take some of that free money. I could take the time to outplay him and play it less risky, but by that time he would have been broke.

Anyhow, here's my graph since day 1, I guess it's day 3 now.

I also played like 3 MTTs and got pieces of my bonus already so now my roll is at $157.86, a profit of $46.86.

SHIP IT! HOLLA!
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Haha I love your first graph ^^
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Nogatsira!

Nice read! I hope you will meet some more WildWillys ;) Keep going! You are on the right track!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Finished my day by completing another step of my bonus. I finaly managed to set up my stuff correctly to be able to datamine full tilt, pretty handy :)
      I also added some more hud stats today, changed the colors up a bit, it's all looking clean and colorfull now ;)

Stats I'm using:
      vpip/preflop raise/total agression/hands
      went to showdown/won at showdown
      and then the agression by street

It's often handy, for example when someone has a very high agression on the river, then I'll often check a good hand out of position where he might have been able to miss a draw to induce a bluff. Stuff like that makes the difference after all.

So here's my graph after finishing my session this night:

sky high!

So with that and with completing another step of my bonus my correct roll is at $219.56, a total profit of $109.56 in 4 days (or 3? hard to remember with playing and posting at night :) )

And to finish: a tip to tilt less often:
      People react to how they feel. For example if you get a bad beat and you feel angry then you might bump your fist on your desk. But the other way around works aswell. If you bump your fist, then you'll feel angry. I know, it sounds weird but that's how it is.
      So what should we do? Every time you get coolered or get a bad beat, then you should put a smile on your face. Your brain will react differently because you are smiling and you will feel less pissed off.
      Sounds stupid? Try it out!

Good luck at the tables
      scoop them pots!
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      And part 5 of the bonus is cleared. 6 more $11 pieces to go.
      I wonder if I keep playing at full tilt then or move on to TitanPoker or something to clear some more bonusses.
      Full Tilt is going pretty good now after my downswing. I currently played 6716 hands at 8.42ptbb/100. I'm still sure it's possible to run over 10 but I'll need more hands for that.

Anyhow, another graph:

Bankroll: $272.51, thats $172.51 profit in 4 or 5 days of work (can't remember what day I started)

And to end this I have 2 questions:
      1) The 27% rakeback, is it much less then the bonus or at what % does the bonus actually clear compared to the rake?

2) If I want to play more then 8 tables at full tilt, should I just mail them to ask and will they higher it without any problems?

GL at the tables
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Nogatsira!

Well done! A winrate of more than 8PTBB/100 is very good! But 6716 hands are not enough to make a significant prediction of your winrate. Anyway: good job! :D
      Concerning your questions: 1) I didn't get your point here. Can you repeat that in other words? 2) I think there is a restriction of 8 tables which you can play simultaneously at Full Tilt Poker, but asking doesn't cost anything so give it a try.

Keep us informed!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Hello Marco,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

It is my understanding that you would like to have your Cash Game table
      limit increased.

This email is to confirm that after reviewing your account I have
      increased your Cash Game table limit to 12 tables at one time. Please be
      advised that this is the maximum amount allowed by Full Tilt Poker.

We appreciate your play with Full Tilt Poker and if there is anything
      else I can help you with please let us know. Best of luck at the tables,
      Marco!

Regards,

Tyrone
      Full Tilt Poker Support
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Ah....I see! So 12 tables are the limit. I will keep that in mind.

Thanks nogatsira!

And good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Which program did you use for those graphs?
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Which program did you use for those graphs?
      Poker Grapher, it uses your poker tracker database.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Today I felt like playing some full ring, and I enjoyed it alot.
      I played 3231 hands today, I'm also participating in this months Iron Man and it won't be hard to get, even at NL10 full ring.

Here's my graph from today:

And for those who wonder how someone plays over 3k hands a day:

I cleared almost my entire bonus now, 1 more $11 part to go. Current bankroll is at $330.46, thats $220.46 profit. I also saved 1,657.25 full tilt points, and I'm gonna save em up for the balla velour bathrobe just because it looks pimp :D

GL at the tables
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Well done nogatsira!

But what happened around hand 2772? :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      2 monitors? :O

Very nice, I can run 12 windows with only a bit of overlap here, but I'm not at the level where I can play it properly just yet, looks like you had a nice day today :)

EDIT: Where do you live in belgium?
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Around hand 2772: a set off kings vs straight followed by AJ on a AJ6 flop against a maniac holding AA

Yoghi: I live in Geel