[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs 3bet pot oop

• xero100
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.07) 7, Q, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.07) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.77, BU calls $0.77.

River: ($2.61) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $5.41.
      17/9/2 from 49hands
      does calling here oop is bad and if its be IP its ok to call 3bet? Could I 4bet/fold to shove here.

how should I play AK ? call his 3bet and bet flop and if he calls just check/fold turn if not improved?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say with a small sample, we can't really conclude anything yet. He might be any of tag/lag just running a bit cold at the moment, nothing tells us he can't 3-bet light from the BU nor do we have any evidence to support he's not only 3-betting premiums. So I wouldn't attempt anything drastic like 4-bet/folding and I'm not too happy 4-bet/calling either. Since it's AKs and the 3-bet is small I think it's ok to call even out of position provided we play decently postflop, which usually isn't going to be too hard.

On the flop I'm just check/folding out of position, not having reads on him is the main reason why we didn't get too aggressive preflop to begin with, so we're not going to start putting ourselves into weird donk/leveling spots postflop. Against the right players you can check/call there and be pretty confident about it but again, with no reads out of position we're just trying to play solid and not bleed too much money.

Turn is ok obviously, river I would bet again in case he's just bad and calls with a worse boat or a flush. If we check he'll only bet Ax and better most likely so check/calling isn't such a great idea compared to valuebetting ourselves. The only downside to betting out is that we might get shoved on by a range of 777AA and the unlikely QQQ77/AAA77 and it would suck big time for us.

Hope it helps.