$2.42
      BB:
      $1.97
      UTG2:
      $0.92
      MP1:
      $4.86

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BU calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.36) 9, 7, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.76) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.06, BU calls $1.58.

River: ($4.4) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.4.
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Your raise pre is possibly too large. Out of position, it's nice to chase people out preflop so you don't have the disadvantage post flop should overcards come, but $0.12 should be fine IMO. $0.16 seems to achieve nothing $0.12 can't but builds a big pot that could be uncomfortable to play postflop if you get a call or two and an ace flops. Plus i don't know if you should even want to chase people away with a strong hand like QQ.

On the flop your bet seems normal, on the turn you shouldn't bet so high. But i presume you know that. You can price your opponent into an all in on the river with a normal sized bet on the turn.

I don't really know why you posted this hand, or the other one i looked at. Maybe they're bad beat stories but there's another thread for that so you should post them there.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fryandspicy
      Your raise pre is possibly too large. Out of position, it's nice to chase people out preflop so you don't have the disadvantage post flop should overcards come, but $0.12 should be fine IMO. $0.16 seems to achieve nothing $0.12 can't but builds a big pot that could be uncomfortable to play postflop if you get a call or two and an ace flops. Plus i don't know if you should even want to chase people away with a strong hand like QQ.

On the flop your bet seems normal, on the turn you shouldn't bet so high. But i presume you know that. You can price your opponent into an all in on the river with a normal sized bet on the turn.

I don't really know why you posted this hand, or the other one i looked at. Maybe they're bad beat stories but there's another thread for that so you should post them there.
      +1

Did he have 8T? :P
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by fryandspicy

You're not really looking to chase them away preflop regardless whether you're in position or not since you hand is likely way better than theirs. Against fish you should just make it as big as you think they'll call and be happy when they do.

Agreed on the rest. As for the T8 thing it's probably the only hand maybe with 66 that give hero a reason to post it :p

Hope it helps.