$2.36
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.34
      CO:
      $1.95
      BU:
      $2.12

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.27) T, 6, 5 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.55) Q (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25.

River: ($1.05) 9 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Final Pot: $1.25.

My opponent...well I'll tell you after evaluation
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Everything seems to be in order here. I'd make the same reraise pre as you, although i always wonder whether it's best. Possibly it turns your hand into something of a bluff - they'll call the reraise with hands better than yours, AK and any pair (call20), and fold anything weaker. So you go to the flop massively dominated or coinflipping. BUT you do have the initiative.

On the flop the cbet seems fine, it's a dry board that's fairly unlikely to hit your opponent. The turn bet could be a bit larger to charge flush draws. Just calling on the end is probably sensible, you only have top pair and it's possible T9 just made two pair and 78 just made a straight (although pretty unlikey you can put them on either of those hands). I wouldn't mind a bet on the end either.

Clearly your opponent hit a set at some stage but i don't think you did anything wrong.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Flop c-bet size likely ok since NL2 players are bad as a whole but against to anyone paying attention bet like $0.2 since its what you would bet if you had a hand since you'd want more value (and protection) from the bunch of draws this board brings.

Turn - i'd still bet more for value $0.3-$0.35 since if he has draw he won't bluff if he misses since you bet twice so this is your last chance to get value from draws. Fairly obvious that you should also bet for value from Tx etc.

River - His mindonk won't likely be a busted draw and so its probably a mix of made hands - swinging towards the hands you beat. So I'd raise this to like 0.4$ to get some value out of Tx or worse. I don't believe villian is going to try to bluff on a mindonk/3bet line on the river and so I'm happy to raise/fold and to try to squeeze some extra value out of him.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's true decent players won't call 3-bets out of position with hands that AQ crushes too often. However villain here is minraising to begin with so he's already bad, and people at nl2 overall usually aren't good enough to fold dominated broadways to a reraised or they would be playing higher. So I still think this is a standard 3-bet without solid reads (like he's a nitty fish who spent the last half hour limp/calling and suddenly he's minraising).

As far as postflop play is concerned:

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Flop c-bet size likely ok since NL2 players are bad as a whole but against to anyone paying attention bet like $0.2 since its what you would bet if you had a hand since you'd want more value (and protection) from the bunch of draws this board brings.

Turn - i'd still bet more for value $0.3-$0.35 since if he has draw he won't bluff if he misses since you bet twice so this is your last chance to get value from draws. Fairly obvious that you should also bet for value from Tx etc.

River - His mindonk won't likely be a busted draw and so its probably a mix of made hands - swinging towards the hands you beat. So I'd raise this to like 0.4$ to get some value out of Tx or worse. I don't believe villian is going to try to bluff on a mindonk/3bet line on the river and so I'm happy to raise/fold and to try to squeeze some extra value out of him.
      This :)

Hope it helps.