Cashout to UK bank account?!?

• hypertyper
      hypertyper
      Bronze
      I was wondering what the best way of getting my money into a bank account in the UK is in terms of avoiding fees and getting a decent exchange rate?

How do you guys do it?

edit: Bank transfer with Neteller is $10 + 2.5% exchange fee from what I can tell. Doesn't sound too great.

Cheers
  • 5 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi hypertyper,

I just use my standard debit card, takes money out of and puts money back directly into my bank account.

Always arrives in £ at exactly the conversation rate advised by Full Tilt without any additional charge, but this might vary depending on which bank you use.

Best regards,

Bart
    • hypertyper
      hypertyper
      Bronze
      That sounds pretty good. What bank do you use?
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Moneybookers is a lot cheaper you pay only around $1usd for transaction no matter if its $30usd or even $8,000usd.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Local bank transfer? Took around 4 days for it to happen for me and no fees since they're deducted from rakeback iirc.
    • hypertyper
      hypertyper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strosdegoz
      Moneybookers is a lot cheaper you pay only around $1usd for transaction no matter if its $30usd or even $8,000usd.
      Have you actually done it though? I'm pretty sure they will charge me somewhere... I'd like to know which bank doesn't charge because I know Lloyds and Natwest charge when I receive money from abroad even within the EU.