[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH - AKo 3bet oop, questioning my line

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($13.80)
      CO ($3.66)
      Button ($17.12)
      Hero (SB) ($13.05)
      BB ($10.04)
      UTG ($5.59)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      UTG bets $0.35, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.30) 3, 8, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($2.30) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, UTG raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $11.95 (All-In), UTG calls $2.09 (All-In)

River: ($11.28) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $11.28 | Rake: $0.75

The more I look at the line I took, the more it looks retarded to me ;o

1st of all I could eventually cbet this flop, this way I can cbet when I have
      the flush and not look suspicious, but whatever, checking is good as well.

Now the turn is where my question lies - if I could turn back time and play this hand again, I would go c/c and stack off on any spade river, reevaluate and eventually c/c many aces and kings, depending on his bet size

Would that be the correct line (I know the way I played it isn't good at all)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's just ugly once you relinquish initiative. I would just c-bet the flop and call it off, we're very rarely in bad shape. I'd consider check/shoving the flop if I knew villain could bet/fold stuff when checked to but since nl10 I'm quite confident this won't happen too often regardless of who he is (fish will bet/call with whatever more often than not and regs won't bet at all unless they have something they won't fold).

As played you go-back-in-time plan for the turn is fine provided you get decent odds to draw, stacks aren't deep at all anymore so you don't really have implieds and you're out of position which will force you to open jam a spade river, which is enough to scare villain away of whatever he has unless it's a flush as well. So overall it's tough to get paid, you should just give it up if he bets big or go back a little further in time to bet/call the flop :p

Hope it helps.