[NL2-NL10] Ak Nl10

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Villian seemed pretty aggro from the few hands he had played - and he had 3b me the direct hand before so I tried to feign a 4bet bluff whereas Im really doing it for value and planned to c5b/shove.

But imo his 4b flatting range is < his 5b shoving range. On this flop I see nothing folding (wouldn't reli expect AK to flat 4b) and I will have to fold to when he shoves so often that I just give up.

My real question is though what to do on the like Axx, Kxx, AKx type flops. Its hard to really see him flatting with any of the Ax, Kx hands I dominate and so would it be okay to like bet/fold these flops - expecting to see AA/KK if I go broke?

Because if we assume that when we shoves on our cbet on one of the above flops he has like AQ, AK, KK, AA then its going to be -EV to call? Obviously though its still +EV to cbet with AK on these flops though - because of our blockers?

PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($16.14)
      BTN ($10.45)
      SB ($6.34)
      BB ($36.38)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO A:club: K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.60

Flop: 8:club: 8:spade: 3:heart: ($5.15, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero folds

Final Pot: $8.15

BTN wins $7.90 (net +$2.40)

Hero lost $2.50
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You laid out the facts well and you know it's all relative hand strength and self-confidence. There are certainly people against whom I know if they flat a 4-bet I'm not happy with my AK even on AKx, whereas most of the time people calling 4-bets are plain bad and show up with stuff you still beat with AK. I've seen seemingly decent regs call 4-bets in position with stuff like TT even ATs/KQs BUvsCO just because they expect you to be bluffing and they think you'll shutdown if you're full of shit on a lot of boards.

I'd probably still c-bet that board especially if he's a reg I see regularly, I'm sure we're getting bluffed by worse hands sometimes by unknown aggro guys there. Depending on just how full of shit he looks I might even decided to check/jam that on his face regardless, it's never awful with overcard outs and it sets up a good dynamic for you pretty much regardless of the result. Not sure I'd do it in that exact spot given how committing his bet looks but it's still odd for him to bet (at all or so big) there if he has something like KK+ (which we have blockers to).

Hope it helps.