This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - ATo from the BU

• eViLTip
      eViLTip
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $5.44
      MP1:
      $0.98
      MP2:
      $4.90
      MP3:
      $0.58
      CO:
      $1.81
      BU (Hero):
      $1.31
      SB:
      $5.17
      BB:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, T.
      4 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, CO calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 2, 5, T (2 players)
      CO bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.63) 2 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.51(All-In), Hero calls $1.01(All-In).

River: ($3.15) 3 (2 players)

The player is very loose and because of the raise call I put him on JT,QK,AK but the turn bet was way out of proportion and because of that I didnt though he had TT,JJ,QQ,KK,AA. If he wasnt so loose I probably folded.
      What you think?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

No clue. "Too loose" just isn't good enough of a read to accurately decide what to do in such spots. You'll see 90/0 players that have a range of exactly 22/55/TT to go nuts like that, you'll see 70/50 guys that have a range of exactly airballs to do that since they love to check their monsters and bully you with nothing.

In a nutshell if he looks spastically aggressive it's a standard call down, if he's your standard limp/calling stationy guy your TPTK is never good. If he's somewhere in the middle flip a coin and know from the begining you can't really play optimally without more reads which means you're bound to be wrong decently often.

Hope it helps.