This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Once again adjusted values

• getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I'm playing 9man SNG's on Pokerstars and I wanted to ask about luck adjusted values. Here is my graph
      And I want to know how can I trust that adjusted line, and if it's correct, I just have been unlucky ?
  • 6 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      it happens.

im also 60BI < EV on my current limit. stick with ur game it will turn around. you dont even have a 1k sample yet, still a long way to go :)

edit: i would be worried if the two lines were reversed. its good news that ur red line is trending up nicely
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Thx man. I have won some buyins back , but still looks like red line is going up and the green one down. Hope not for long here's my latest graph
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      are you sure these are 9 mans? this looks strangly like an multi-table sng effect. whereby the red line will trend away from the green to infinity.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      these are 9 mans, maybe there are few HU games included, but not more than 5%. I haven't played other games since using HEM, so I start thinking are these lines correct, but I made profit before, now it looks strange. I have changed my strategy a little bit, but I can't understand now am I losing or am I very very unlucky...
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I just played 12 games and get very nice stack on most of tables at the beginning, but lost 6.27 buyins at all, but red line says I should be winning 1.5. LOL looks I'm unlucky :(
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      The all-in luck adjustment is unbiased (when it isn't buggy--don't trust it for multitable SNGs). It gives you a more accurate estimate of your skill than your results. However, there is still some luck that it doesn't factor out. If you get dealt KK and get all-in, it's just luck whether you ran into QQ or AA, but this type of luck is ignored by the all-in luck adjustment.

If you play turbo SNGs, the all-in luck adjustment might remove about 50-60% of the variance. That means your luck-adjusted results after 400-500 games are about as reliable as unadjusted results would be after 1000 tournaments (with a standard deviation of 5% ROI). After 1000 games, your adjusted results may be as reliable as unadjusted results would be after 2000-2500 tournaments, with a standard deviation of about 3.3% ROI.

While the luck-adjusted results are unbiased by themselves, they are (conditionally) biased in the direction of your actual results. If your true ROI is 5%, then if you look at the days when your ROI was over 10%, your adjusted ROI on those days will tend to be over 5%. Similarly, don't be too concerned if you have a bad day and run at -10% ROI, and the luck-adjusted result is -5%. When you get lucky all-in early in the tournament, you have more opportunities to play skillfully later.