This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 sb vs BU

Bronze
      villian 23/19/2,0 /wts 21/ fold to 3b 25%/fold to cb 75% /steal 28/ bet vs miss cb ip flop 79%

Table wass pretty tight, so I played here about 30/23 with 3b about 10%. 3b this guy for value, or should I better to just call? On flop I call, with intension to chr turn if he had overpair/bluffs. And then sht, he ch behind. On river I think there is nothing to valuebt and maybe to catch some bluffs.
      Now I think it was bad and chr/shove flop would be much better cause he can call with much worse hand according to my image. Or to ch flop and donk turn. What the best option here?

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.10
      MP3:
      $19.42
      CO:
      $10.70
      BU:
      $10.30
      SB (Hero):
      $11.93

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.1) 9, 6, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($4.1) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60.

Final Pot: $9.3.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You forgot the most important stat: sample size :p

Hard to say preflop it could go both ways depending on how tough he is postflop. It looks like he's somewhat tight given his low wts and high fold to c-bet but then again the sample might be small. Basically the more often he'll try and pull moves on you the less I'd 3-bet 99, it just flops overcards or a weak overpair way too often to go to war out of position against people who are relentless in fighting back.

As played on the flop depending on what level I believe the guy is on I'd either c-bet because he'd expect me to c-bet with air or check/hollywood-raise to look full of shit and then jam the turn. At nl10 he probably doesn't expect much of anything and likely won't be fighting back much anyway, so check/raising should be fine given his propensity to bet when checked to.

As played on the turn I would donk out, it's just getting somewhat ugly and I don't expect villain to continue bluffing if he has nothing. If he has something he's going to call another bet anyway, maybe even raise if he binked 2 pairs or had an overpair to begin with, or something.

As played on the river I doubt he's valuebetting non straight hands ever and I just don't think he's bluffing, then again people will surprise you all the time. I'd default to folding at that point but if you've seen villain take a bet/check/bet line as a bluff before it's probably an okay call.

Hope it helps.