[NL2-NL10] 99 sb vs BU

villian 23/19/2,0 /wts 21/ fold to 3b 25%/fold to cb 75% /steal 28/ bet vs miss cb ip flop 79%

Table wass pretty tight, so I played here about 30/23 with 3b about 10%. 3b this guy for value, or should I better to just call? On flop I call, with intension to chr turn if he had overpair/bluffs. And then sht, he ch behind. On river I think there is nothing to valuebt and maybe to catch some bluffs.
      Now I think it was bad and chr/shove flop would be much better cause he can call with much worse hand according to my image. Or to ch flop and donk turn. What the best option here?

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.1) 9, 6, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($4.1) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60.

Final Pot: $9.3.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

You forgot the most important stat: sample size :p

Hard to say preflop it could go both ways depending on how tough he is postflop. It looks like he's somewhat tight given his low wts and high fold to c-bet but then again the sample might be small. Basically the more often he'll try and pull moves on you the less I'd 3-bet 99, it just flops overcards or a weak overpair way too often to go to war out of position against people who are relentless in fighting back.

As played on the flop depending on what level I believe the guy is on I'd either c-bet because he'd expect me to c-bet with air or check/hollywood-raise to look full of shit and then jam the turn. At nl10 he probably doesn't expect much of anything and likely won't be fighting back much anyway, so check/raising should be fine given his propensity to bet when checked to.

As played on the turn I would donk out, it's just getting somewhat ugly and I don't expect villain to continue bluffing if he has nothing. If he has something he's going to call another bet anyway, maybe even raise if he binked 2 pairs or had an overpair to begin with, or something.

As played on the river I doubt he's valuebetting non straight hands ever and I just don't think he's bluffing, then again people will surprise you all the time. I'd default to folding at that point but if you've seen villain take a bet/check/bet line as a bluff before it's probably an okay call.

Hope it helps.