Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.22
      Hero:
      $2.07

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.07, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.22, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.64, SB calls $0.42.

Flop: ($1.30) J:club: , 7:diamond: , 9:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.58 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30

This guy had been playing very loose and had been 3betting quite a bit. On the previous hand I had folded quite a decent hand to his 3bet.

PF I reraised him as I felt villain was just being over aggressive and he would most likely fold whatever trash he was 3betting me with and if he did go all in I felt I could call and still be ahead or at least a coin flip. But I definitely felt he could do that with AJ+.

When he calls and then goes all in on a flop like that, what can I do? Do I just have to fold every time I don't hit and Ace or King?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends on the player. He doesn't look awful so far, he has a full stack and he open-raised most of his hands. It's very likely he's just overall very splashy and called the 4-bet to make sure there was no A/K on the flop before going broke with whatever Maybe sometimes he does that with highcards as well knowing you'll have to fold yours. The idea of us being up against something like KQ-high or freerolling another AK that he played like that to avoid splitting with other AK hands looks sexy on paper. I successfully called off a few of those ahead but most of the time they have some sort of pair.

Hope it helps.