[NL2-NL10] K7s 3bpot with fish

Bronze
      Ok here tag is isolating unknown fish (I know he is fish cause he played some hands fishy style), and I 3b him cause his range is wide and his money is mine most of the time, but fish cold called it and it was a suprise. Anyway I bet my drw, and on the turn I shove after made a pair. In equity is

Board: jc2h9h 7s
      Dead:

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 29,782% 29,782% 0,000% 70,218% Kh7h
      Player 2: 70,218% 70,218% 0,000% 29,782% AJs, KJs, QJs, J5s+, J3s-J2s, T9s, 98s, 92s, AJo, KJo, QJo, J9o+, T9o, 98o

And there str drw possible. And I need about 25% for break even. But I was too quick to think about it perfectly, and now I think it EV+ only if we have fold equity here, but do we really have it?

And how is better to paly it after 3b?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $10.20
      BB:
      $6.07
      MP3:
      $10.82
      CO:
      $8.95
      BU:
      $10.31

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, K.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, CO calls $1.40, BU folds.

Flop: ($3.6) J, 2, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO calls $1.70.

Turn: ($7) 7 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $7.00, CO calls $5.75.

River: ($19.75) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.75.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Funny I'm not usually surprised when a fish calls my raises :p It's fine with K7s, just make sure you never 3-bet bluff nonsense like 92o that you can't play against the fish, they do indeed call sometimes.

Turn is somewhat ugly but I think it's fine. We have many outs when behind since he won't show up with a set too often and now we beat worse draws. We're only screwed if he shows up with AhJh. He could peel the flop with stuff like broadways with a straightdraw/gutshot or a small pair he shouldn't really call it off with tho he might. So he still folds sometimes or calls it off with worse.

And it really sucks for us when we check the turn. We might get bluffed off the best hand tho I doubt it happens to often against a guy who's limp/calling preflop, we might whiff the river if he checks behind and end up with $7 of dead money we have no way to win either.

Notice it's tough to change the bet sizing on flop/turn. Since we're planning on shoving a lot of turns we ideally would like to bet more on the flop so that we win more money when villain calls the flop and folds the turn. But against a player who doesn't fold that much, if we make a big flop bet and we only have like 3/5 pot to shove on the turn it's be easier for him to talking himself into calling, which is no good for us with a draw. Would bet more on the flop with a made hand to commit him faster conversely of course.

Hope it helps.