Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Hero ($14.31)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($3.94)
      BTN ($20.31)
      SB ($10.55)
      BB ($10.51)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:heart: Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.70, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: 3:club: 5:diamond: A:diamond: ($1.55, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: 4:heart: ($2.55, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $2.80, CO goes all-in $1.74

River: 8:club: ($8.09, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Villain: 51/12 over 69 hands

My doubts arise on the flop because it was a situation I didn't know if I should donk, c/c or c/r the flop. What would be ideal?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well first if he's doing that min3bet crap with any decent frequency I'd just shove on him preflop for 40bb, he doesn't need to min3bet/fold much for us to instantly show a profit and we're doing fine against his likely calling range.

So assuming that's not true he probably has something decent in that spot preflop, which means a big pair most of the time. Maybe he's one of those guys that min3bet small pairs and Axs hands so he might show up with a set other than AA and worse top pairs. Considering that range and the fact that's it's pretty much impossible for us to consider folding at that point with so much dead money, we should try and take the line that maximizes our value against worse hands while accepting the fact that we'll occasionally get stacked when he has the unlikely hands that beat us. So since we wouldn't take that line preflop if we thought he was just min3betting bluffs all the time, once we get there there shouldn't be much value in letting him c-bet "bluff".

Here that means just forcing the action, he might not bet small-middling top pairs and probably won't bet stuff like JJ-KK either, but he certainly won't fold them. He'll never fold Ax, and you'll see bad players go broke with stuff like KK regardless of the A on the flop very often as well.

Hope it helps.