any good sng guy who would be willing to coach me?

• pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      hey everyone, i am playing 3.4 dollar sngs at pokerstars coz my bankroll is not allowing me to go higher, but i would really like to have someone who would be willing to spend time with me and bring me to the level of playing for real money, and i would gladly give % of my winnings to that someone... anyone?? :)
  • 9 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i am sure you'll find someone. i would help but i am not a sng player. I had a similar deal with a coach were i would give him 50% of my profits if my wr exceeded 5bb/100. I would be willing to help u out if u switched to nl2 or nl5.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      skype me, c.j.bridle
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      have you watched the sng videos in the video section? very helpful
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      if you cant beat the 3.40 games, you dont need a coach, you need to take a look at your fundamental strategy, read the articles on ps.com and watch all the video's...

no coach worth the time will help you with the 3.40 games, cos unfortunatly the cost to you would be too high (they need to charge somthing close to their own hourly win rate to make it worth their time)
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      no coach worth the time will help you with the 3.40 games, cos unfortunatly the cost to you would be too high (they need to charge somthing close to their own hourly win rate to make it worth their time)
      A couple of my students have played $3.40s. I charged the same amount per tournament analyzed as for higher stakes players, but they tended to have me analyze fewer tournaments.

Personal coaching is expensive. Usually, you will get more per $ by watching videos, substituting the PS coaching sessions for playing time, buying books, etc. However, if you want to raise the ceiling on the ROI you can achieve, or save months of play getting there, then personal coaching may be the right choice at any level.

I should add that I'm not taking any students this month due to other commitments.
    • BurningHand
      BurningHand
      Bronze
      hey, just became gold, i dont think i'll last enough on gold cause i changed from NL BSS to SnG.. started with the starting capital and i have a 250$ BR

recently i really want to become a winning SnG player. i play 2$ SnG on FT and i need some advince from you guys as im gold and i can post here...

i have read almost all silver articles and i will read all till gold....
      havent watch any video till now but i will....

question is: expect from articles and videos can you suggest me a book or something else that will help me ?

so far i play sets of 4 tables and on average im 2/4 or 3/4 in bubble and mostly 1-2 place....

my biggest problem is on mid stage when i have for example 2500 chips and the blinds are 80/160 and if i want to raise i must raise 400. then if a call comes and i dont hit but the flop seems dry i try to cbet and when i get call again i dont know what should i do... it seems to me that mid stage is too risky to raise so i prefer push or fold where i have no problem.

i dont know if you get me (my english sux) but if you do, help me :)
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BurningHand
      question is: expect from articles and videos can you suggest me a book or something else that will help me ?
      Colin Moshman's book "Sit n Go Strategy" is pretty good, but the best resource imo is SnG Wizard (the computer program) get that and go through some games.. get used to adjusting the opponent calling ranges properly, and it will be a powerful tool for improving your game.

I do a bit of coaching for micro players ($6.50s and lower) but IMO coaching isn't really that necessary.. you can get the same gains from watching videos and doing sweat sessions with other players.
    • BurningHand
      BurningHand
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice.

was wandering..... sweat sessions are sessions with a friend skyping and talking about strategy ?
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BurningHand
      was wandering..... sweat sessions are sessions with a friend skyping and talking about strategy ?
      Yep, pretty much. You watch them play and discuss different strategies for different situations.