This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 - Tiny Bluff-Catching Call on the River

• Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed)

MP2 ($58.20)
      CO ($29.85)
      Button ($0.60)
      SB ($17.55)
      Hero ($5.35)
      UTG ($43.30)
      MP1 ($21.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 2:heart: .
      [color:#666666]4 folds[/color], Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.75) A:spade: , 5:club: , 8:spade: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.75) 8:diamond: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($0.75) 3:club: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks, [color:#CC3333]Button bets $0.35 (All-In)[/color], SB folds, Hero calls $0.35.

Final Pot: $1.45

This may be a stupid call, but I figured that he could be bluffing with anything since he only has $0.35 left in his stack and he is up against the blinds who have shown no strength through the hand...what's he got to lose? And it may win him a hand that he wouldn't win if he just checked and went to showdown. I figured with that logic and for only $0.35 I'd call and try to catch a bluff with K-High on an A-High board. Waste of money? It only has to work less than 33% of the time, which I figure is reasonably likely in this situation for the aforementioned reasons.

Thanks,
      Kknight
  • 2 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I like it, but only in this spot and only against this opponent.
      Its unlikely that he holds an Ace or that the 3 helped him.

But please save your money in any other situation. ;)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      But please save your money in any other situation. ;)
      Oh, don't worry, I agree. My reasons for doing it here were very specific as I listed.

Unfortunately, he had AJ...what a weird way to play the hand...especially with such an insanely short stack. Why not just push preflop when you only have $0.60??? Or at least push the flop...for only $0.35, he might have gotten the SB to call. Oh well. I still think it was an OK move in this spot.

Thanks for confirming that for me.
      Kknight