$13.65
      MP3:
      $7.80
      CO:
      $6.78
      BU:
      $17.10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , T:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.30) 5:spade: , A:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, CO folds, SB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($5.30) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.30

was this a good fold? his aggression made me think i was up against a better ace, or 55 / 99.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine. Wouldn't mind you folding the flop either. Even people check/raising draws these days are used to following up on the turn so you can't really expect them to give you a free showdown after you call the flop, which means you're just burning $1.2 every time you call the flop planning to fold a blank turn. Folding top pair when it's not profitable to continue with it is nothing to be ashamed or feel weak about, when you're likely beat it doesn't matter what your hand is.

Of course don't make it a habit, you'll encounter people that check/raise you with bluffs or worse hands alike, there is no general guideline. But if you don't have reads on villain yet and he's sticking around with a stack relatively close to 100bb, it's usually not worth taking the chance that he's just full of shit. Straight up giving up instead of throwing away more money in the dark will help make sure you don't leak money when you don't have to.

Just noticed it was rush poker which changes things somewhat in that the regs are probably a bit more likely to just randomly check/raise flops knowing they'll get more credit because there are no image considerations involved. That said it's not really a prime spot to do that on a A-high board after you raised from MP2 and c-bet into 2 players, so I wouldn't change my decision.

Hope it helps.