$307 win on first 38 days of NL2. Normal???

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hey guys... I need some feedback on a disturbing (at least to me) information I found on my Poker Tracker today. I've been playing NL2 for 38 days up to now and made a gross win of $42 dollars total (it is $58 actually, minus the rake).

But the disturbing thing is that there is on Poker Tracker a "vs Player" tab that says that in total I have made $307 from my opponents while losing $249 along the way in those 38 days of play. The difference minus the rake results in those $42 total winnings.

Looking at that I've been thinking that there must be some huge holes (they must be holes people, not mere leaks) that are making a good part of my incomes just slip away from my fingers. Some of them I've already identified, like overplaying overpairs (like holding AA on a J high board, betting a lot and being beaten by 2 pair on showdown) and being too agressive when unnecessary (thus, losing money from bets I made or preveing opponets from betting more).

I'm simply clueless, people. Making $307 on 38 days in NL2 and losing $249 is normal or am I just missing something? I really have a VERY strong impression that I must minimize many many leaks on my game.

Thanks a lot for your assistance!
  • 5 replies
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      PS: Typed some wrong words on the post.. sorry! It is so damm cold here today that my fingers are getting some trouble in responding! :s_biggrin:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      That's poker You don't really think pro's make for example $1000 profit in a day and that those are $1100 of winning pots and only lost $100 ?

Without a samplesize we can't really say if it's good that you won so much or that you are a very marginal winner. But there's nothing weird about that what you've said.

Post hands your unsure of in the hand evaluation forum, that should help you alot.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh my... where to begin :D

I'll give you an simple answer: It may not be optimal, and we don't know how many hands you're talking about but making 21 stacks in 38 days doesnt sound bad to me.

I mean really, lets say you get your money in alot in situations with like QQ vs AK or something, meaning you have 52% equity or something equal... in this spot it means you should win $1,04 and loose $0,96. So yea, I mean add up all the pots and you will have quite some losses in your list :)

You shouldnt get too worried about stuff like that because it's quite irrelevant really... it would be more relevant to look at your positional winnings = how much you win/loose from certain positions, what winrate you have etc =)
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      So maybe I should put more info? I've played 16k hands up to date.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      The samplesize is irrelevent to deciding anything like I told you these numbers (winnings and losses) are quite irrelevant as it doesnt give you any relevant information...

21 buyins though in 16k hands, that gives you information you should be happy about.