Stack
      Hero:
      $2.16
      CO:
      $2.52
      BU:
      $2.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2:diamond: , 2:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, BU calls $0.07, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.24) 7:diamond: , 7:spade: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.12, 2 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.24

Is this just an easy fold with a CO to act behind me?

Could I call? Or is it just too likely he has hit the K? Apart from a diamond on the turn I'm not sure how I could get him to fold if he does have K?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      You're not making him fold Kx. You don't have to - not winning every pot you're in doesnt mean you won't win overall :P .

I would still cbet this board multiway since its pretty dry apart from the diamond draw - like $0.14 should be good - and I'll give up to any action unless i hit 2.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      You're not making him fold Kx. You don't have to - not winning every pot you're in doesnt mean you won't win overall :P .

I would still cbet this board multiway since its pretty dry apart from the diamond draw - like $0.14 should be good - and I'll give up to any action unless i hit 2.
      This. One of the first milestones of postflop play is when you start to realize that some of your preflop made hands are better of getting turned into c-bet bluffs because they don't have enough value to do anything else really. 22 on K77 is pretty worthless, anybody has 2 overcards or a pair which you're already 2-outing against, with the flushdraw out that's another way you get outdrawn by the river, you simply can't start check/calling when your equity sucks so much, you've got 3 streets to worry about out of position. So either bluff with it or check/fold. 3-way I'd still definitely c-bet it, 4-way is pushing it but probably still not a mistake, your check/fold is fine.

Hope it helps.