This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh- 22 Mp3

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.16
      CO:
      $2.52
      BU:
      $2.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2:diamond: , 2:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, BU calls $0.07, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.24) 7:diamond: , 7:spade: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.12, 2 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.24

Is this just an easy fold with a CO to act behind me?

Could I call? Or is it just too likely he has hit the K? Apart from a diamond on the turn I'm not sure how I could get him to fold if he does have K?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      You're not making him fold Kx. You don't have to - not winning every pot you're in doesnt mean you won't win overall :P .

I would still cbet this board multiway since its pretty dry apart from the diamond draw - like $0.14 should be good - and I'll give up to any action unless i hit 2.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      You're not making him fold Kx. You don't have to - not winning every pot you're in doesnt mean you won't win overall :P .

I would still cbet this board multiway since its pretty dry apart from the diamond draw - like $0.14 should be good - and I'll give up to any action unless i hit 2.
      This. One of the first milestones of postflop play is when you start to realize that some of your preflop made hands are better of getting turned into c-bet bluffs because they don't have enough value to do anything else really. 22 on K77 is pretty worthless, anybody has 2 overcards or a pair which you're already 2-outing against, with the flushdraw out that's another way you get outdrawn by the river, you simply can't start check/calling when your equity sucks so much, you've got 3 streets to worry about out of position. So either bluff with it or check/fold. 3-way I'd still definitely c-bet it, 4-way is pushing it but probably still not a mistake, your check/fold is fine.

Hope it helps.